US – New York Broadway 770
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.About OathOath is a newly formed company, created in the June, 2017 acquisition of Yahoo by Verizon. The merger brought together two titans of the internet—Yahoo and AOL. With 50+ brands and over 1 billion consumers, Oath is one of the biggest media companies on the planet. There is no limit to our potential to change the industry forever by building brands people love.The Oath Creative Department sits in the MCC (Marketing, Communications, and Citizenship) organization and is responsible for a broad range of creative and content development initiatives that support Oath’s mission: to create brands people love. We develop creative communications across the full suite of 50+ brands—brands as varied as Yahoo Sports, Yahoo Mail, Tumblr, HuffPost, Yahoo Finance, TechCrunch, Engadget, Yahoo News, Makers, Build, RYOT, Flickr, Autoblog, Moviefone and other consumer brands. We also support a host of B2B brands, including AOL One, Yahoo Gemini, Brightroll and Verizon Digital Media Services, among others.We are a service organization, working across the company for a wide range of stakeholders. This requires us to build and maintain strong relationships with numerous teams, understand the in’s and out’s of varied businesses, know the products, consumers and cultural contexts for every brand we build. We provide a center of marketing and creative excellence for the entire company.Our environment is fast-paced and demanding but creative and fun. Our team creates benchmark-beating, goal-crushing, award-winning creative. We strive for industry-leading work in a diverse environment of artists, coders, marketers, data scientists, product developers, critical thinkers, problem solvers and creative people of all ilk.Basic Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Advertising Art Direction, Digital Communication Arts.
- Must be currently enrolled in university with graduation dates starting December 2017 and onward.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with a talented team of designers, writers, animators, and developers.
- Learn from seasoned talent on how to apply design theory to a wide range of projects spanning print, digital, events and video.
- Help create quality branded content in a fast-paced work environment, including but not limited to:
- Marketing collateral: emails, print media
- Out-of-home campaigns
- Digital takeovers
- Social media content
- Engage in the brainstorming process with the team.
What You’ll Bring
- A great attitude and willingness to learn.
- Excellent command of typography, color theory and composition.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe creative suite.
- Mad love for all things digital design.
What We’ll Give You
- A positive, supportive and nurturing work environment.
- An awesome team of folks who want to see you grow and succeed.
- Healthy food, yummy snacks.
- Exposure to an amazing number of brands and products.
- An opportunity to get an inside peek of how art and business combine at one of the largest media and tech companies in the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.
APPLY ON LINE
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.Come be part of a talented team of designers passionate about creating the very best product for Facebook’s 1 billion users. As a Product Designer, University Grad, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next feature of News Feed to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the Facebook product.Responsibilities
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our billion users
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- A portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s or Masters degree in design or related design field
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it should look’ but ‘what we should build’)
- Proven ability to execute on visual and interaction details
- Communication skills – you should be able to articulate your design decisions
- Experience in web and mobile application design
APPLY ONLINE (must have facebook account)
Framestore New York is looking for design students and graduates with a passion for Design + Motion Graphics to take part in a 3 month paid internship working in our award winning design team.The internship will start on the 29 January 2018 and finish on 27 April 2018. Deadline for applications is the 15 December 2017.To apply for this internship please put together a cover letter and a portfolio demonstrating your experience in motion graphics and showing us your best work.Candidates will need to have work authorization for the USA and be available to work 40 hours a week. No relocation assistance will be offered.Please read the description of the role below.We look forward to seeing your work.Design + Motion Graphics interns should have a Graphic Design or CG Animation background, with a focus on creating compelling, original, design forward imagery for the film, online and broadcast industries. Work will consist of style frame creation, titles design, showpackages, TVCs and branding.Essential Skills
- Adobe Creative Cloud software (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Additional 3D software knowledge preferred, such as C4D, and Maya.
- Other software packages such as Nuke, and Unity also of interest
- A bonus to have Digital photography, cell animation and Illustration work in your portfolio
- Great communication skills are required, as is a willingness to learn and collaborate in a fast paced team, delivering high-quality content for all mediums.
- A degree in Design and/or animation with a focus on graphics imagery
- Marketing and Advertising
- Staffing and Recruiting
All Design students who are exiting ARTS 241: Design 1 at the end of this Fall 2017 semester are required to submit an online portfolio for review. This review is to ensure that students possess the necessary technical skills and demonstrate an understanding of design principles required by upper division coursework. If the review committee deems a portfolio subpar, students will be put on probation and need to submit a revised portfolio for review before being accepted into ARTS 345: Design 3. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Professor Woo at email@example.com or any other design faculty member.
Deadline: December 20th, 2017
For more information and for steps on how to submit your portfolio please go here:
We are looking for Product Design Interns to #JoinTheBand this Summer. You are someone who is passionate about developing strategies based off of insights of real people, is interested in mastering their craft to turn insights into beautifully designed products (both interactions and visuals) and aspires to inspire the organization by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.What You’ll Do
- Work on design projects across the entire product lifecycle.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll contribute ideas to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Produce concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
Who You Are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a bootcamp certification in Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field of study
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us and have some projects that you can tell us about.
The Intern GigSpotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.The deadline to apply is December 15th, 2017 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late December, 2017 – Mid January, 2018: Application Review
- Late January, 2018 – March, 2018: Interviews
- February, 2018 – April, 2018: Offers given out
- June, 2018: Intern program start
#JoinTheBandWe are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
Spring 2018 CBS Sports Network Graphic Design InternREF#: 29645CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Sports NetworkJOB TYPE: Paid InternJOB SCHEDULE: Part-TimeJOB LOCATION: New York, NYAbout UsCBS Sports Network, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports, airs more than 400 live games annually, showcasing an array of college and professional sports, as well as in-depth studio shows, documentaries and original programs. CBS Sports Network also provides extensive shoulder programming around CBS Sports’ Championship events, including the Super Bowl, The Masters and PGA Championship.CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers including Verizon FiOS Channel 94 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 643 (1643 in HD) and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to  www.cbssportsnetwork.com.ReferencesVisible links
DescriptionThe Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for generating digital marketing creative content for CBS Sports Network including digital assets, photography research, and website designs. The intern will work closely with team designer to develop web graphics and assets.RequiredQUALIFICATIONS:
- CBS Sports and CBS Sports Network Internships are paid at a standard competitive hourly rate, proper work authorization is needed to be employed within the United States.
- Internships are in New York, NY. Selected students must be willing to relocate or commute at their own expense.
- Internships are typically given to college juniors and seniors, though some departments also accept freshmen, sophomores or graduate students. Upon acceptance, we will require a letter from your school or transcript confirming you are a matriculated student.
- Online Application
- Resume and cover letter
- Interest in sports is a plus
- 0-1 years of digital and/or graphic design experience
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong design fundamentals (color, form, type, layout) and the ability to experiment.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid skills in Photoshop & Illustrator CS6.
Eeo StatementEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Responsibilities As part of the NBCUniversal Internship program responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the designers and copywriters to expedite creative timelines
- Assist in the measurement and optimization of Native ad campaigns
- Build and design basic HTML 5 ad campaigns
- Create visually compelling case studies after campaigns are completed
- Format video content for optimal delivery on NBC
- Assist in creating social calendars for larger ad campaigns
- Help produce weekly reports and manage creative requests
This is a fast-paced, hands-on opportunity to nurture your creative and coding skills.Internship Opportunities Include
- Web & Digital Design
- Print Design
- Motion Graphic
- Product & Packaging Design
- Creative Services/ Brand Marketing Design
- 3D Design & Animation
- UI/UX design
Qualifications/Requirements o Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.)
- HTML/CSS/Sass or willingness to learn
- Cinema 3D and/or 4D
- Typography & Logo Design
Opportunities are offered in the following business areas;
- Broadcast Operations
- Cable Entertainment
- Corporate Communications
- Filmed Entertainment (for WC posting only)
- NBC Sports
- NBC Entertainment
Internships are offered in the following office locations;
- New York, NY
- Stamford, CT
- Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Online portfolio requiredEligibility Requirements
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and ability to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
The in-house creative services group at BAM is looking for a Graphic Design Intern for our upcoming season. This internship would be focused on supporting the Design team as it executes print and digital campaigns for BAMs theater, music, film, visual art, and many other offerings.We are lively, passionate group of graphic designers that works hard and shares in the BAM mission. The Design Department is part of the larger Creative Services group, consisting of Design, Copy and Video.ResponsibilitiesCreating the following:
- Digital and print ads
- On-site signage and posters
- Resizing images for web and digital signage
- General editing and production
- Availability at least 2 days a week
- Currently pursuing a degree in Graphic Design or related field (preferably a junior or senior) or recent grad
- Ability to evolve with creative technologies, including proficiency in the latest Adobe software
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Great communications skillsboth with internal teams and communicating with/presenting to clients
- An interest in the performing arts is a plus
Misperceptions: A conversation about women and technology, is a discussion with Debera Johnson, founder of Pratt’s Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator (BF+DA), about her path into the field, the current work happening at BF+DA (http://bkaccelerator.com/ ), and the general issues still faced by many women working in tech-based fields.
It is currently scheduled to take place in the Art Center (Rosenthal Library 6th Floor),Monday, December 4, from 1:30-2:30pm.