at BuzzFeed for Video Internship/Fellowship/Residency (View all jobs)
Design Intern (NYC)
The BuzzFeed Entertainment Group design team needs a hard-working intern for a full-time paid position in the New York office, to start as soon as possible.
We are looking for someone with a passion for design, a deep understanding of the internet, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Help create graphics for a wide variety of subjects
- Observe current design trends on social media and across the web
- Work with editors to come up with creative solutions
- Assist the design team with the creation of headers, infographics, illustrations, type treatments and distributed content
- Optimize and prepare files for web
- Animation experience a plus
- Degree or course of study in graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Good communication skills and a talent for collaboration
- An interest in current events, pop culture, and social media
- Must include a link to a portfolio site of your recent work, no PDFs or dropbox links please
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.