HarperCollins Publishers Inc. is currently seeking an intern to support the design department of the Harper and Harper Perennial imprints! This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the process from first design through what you see on a bookshelf and all the behind-the-scenes work in between!
This summer internship is a paid opportunity (28 hours per week), and it will run from June 8 through August 13 for a total of 10 weeks.
– Scanning art or sketches.
– Filing press proofs.
– Cutting/mounting covers for presentation.
– Setting up mechanicals.
– Attending meetings.
– Applicants must be entering their junior or senior year of college, a grad student, or a college graduate
– Graphic design experience
– Must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
– Strong communication and organization skills
– Ability to juggle multiple projects
– Applicants should include a link to an online portfolio