HarperCollins Publishers Inc. is currently seeking an intern to support the design department of the Harper and Harper Perennial imprints! This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the process from first design through what you see on a bookshelf and all the behind-the-scenes work in between!
This summer internship is a paid opportunity (28 hours per week), and it will run from June 8 through August 13 for a total of 10 weeks.
– Scanning art or sketches.
– Filing press proofs.
– Cutting/mounting covers for presentation.
– Setting up mechanicals.
– Attending meetings.
– Applicants must be entering their junior or senior year of college, a grad student, or a college graduate
– Graphic design experience
– Must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
– Strong communication and organization skills
– Ability to juggle multiple projects
– Applicants should include a link to an online portfolio
To Apply, Visit
UI/UX Design interns at Applico can expect:
- Exposure to impactful, industry-leading products and platforms, some of which are featured in the iTunes and Google Play App stores
- Involvement in every step of the creation process, from conception to development
- Collaboration with a multidisciplinary team spanning Product, Engineering, and Strategy to bring your designs to life
- Execution experience to deliver everything from concept sketches, user research, interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity mocks
- Mentorship from experienced designers in the field who are serious and passionate about their craft
- School credit or summer stipend for 10-week internship
In return, we expect you to be:
- Enrolled in an accredited university in an applicable program (e.g. Human Computer Interaction, Digital Design, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Visual Studies, Computer Science, etc.)
- Capable and comfortable with working independently as well as critiquing/having your designs critiqued for quality in a group setting
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign is a must, other graphic design, prototyping, and animation tools a plus
- Passionate about mobile and connected technologies and its impact on people’s behaviors
Bonus points for applicants with experience in:
- Human centered design processes and design thinking methodologies
- Qualitative/quantitative user research methods
- Mobile design patterns and/or the development environment (e.g. XCode, Android Studio)
To Apply Visit Applico Website
Men’s Journal editorial art department interns assist in all phases of magazine design and production including designing front of book pages, back of book pages, feature package icons, art department brainstorming sessions, and assisting in the workflow through InDesign & K4. They also assist in the design of our tablet edition, updating the layout wall and other tasks needed to produce the magazine.
Intern can expect to learn: Designing front of book pages, back of book pages, feature package icons, art department brainstorming sessions, and assisting in the workflow through InDesign & K4.
Please email: Todd.Weinberger@mensjournal.com with cover letter, resume and link to portfolio
Learn to design mobile apps (and more) step by step from conception to a working prototypes ready for development/coding.
ARTS-370-02 (58911) / Tuesdays 2:00pm–5:50pm / Prof. DeRosa
In collaboration with City of New York, Coalition for Queens (C4Q) is hosting Digital.NYC Five-Borough Tour #Queens. The event will unveil digital.nyc, NYC’s new web platform for tech and startup resources, as well as showcase Queens’ latest entrepreneurs demo’ing their product and technology. Speakers include Jessie Singleton (Digital Director of City of New York), David Rose (CEO of Gust), Avi Millman (Co-founder & CEO of Stray Boots), and Kristin Hodgson (Communications Director of Meetup). This should be a great opportunity for students to learn about resources in terms of how to how to land a job in tech and learn more about the greater tech ecosystem in NYC.
- Event: Digital.NYC Five-Borough Tour #Queens (please RSVP)
- Date & time: Wednesday, March 25th, 6:30-8:30pm
- Location: C4Q HQ, 31-00 47th Ave, Ste 1105, Long Island City (between 31st Street and 31st Place)
This is a terrific opportunity!
For students interested in graphic design, there will be placements in communication departments of nonprofits such as Queens Museum, Flushing Town Hall, The Asia Society, El Museo, POV and Center for Court Innovation.
CUNY Service Corps is recruiting for its next cohort of students for the 2015-2016 academic year. CUNY
Service Corps provides paid service opportunities to CUNY students around New York.
DEADLINE EXTENDED To March 22nd
Students work 12 hours a week, for $12 an hour, for a 24 week commitment. Make a difference through service and work for great organizations throughout New York City!
ALL MAJORS encouraged to apply, open to undergraduates AND graduates! More information and online application:
FINAL DEADLINE: March 22
Utopia Parkway, a Queens College Undergraduate Literary Journal, is currently soliciting art submissions from QC undergrad students. All forms of visual art including animation, photos, sketches, are considered. Submission details and examples of work that has been featured in past editions can be found at our website:http://utopiaparkwayjournal.com.
The magazine has a print and web addition, so it’s a good opportunity for students to get their work out there. Additionally, they are looking for cover art. Details about that can be found on their facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Utopia-Parkway-Journal/523371161093179