Company: Scripps Networks Interactive
Location: New York, NY – Chelsea
Scripps Networks Interactive Internship Experience
Scripps Networks Interactive is a global media company and the Leader in Lifestyle Media. Our power-house brands — HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and Great American Country — stimulate personal creativity, spark ingenuity and capture the joy of living richer and fuller lives. Whether remodeling a home, creating a meal or traveling the world, consumers know that life is celebrated on our channels. Join a company where committed, passionate people create some of the best loved and most respected brands in the business; brands that 170 million consumers connect with each month through unique, vibrant and engaging programming.
Cook with Us. Travel with Us. Make Your Home with Us.
We are currently seeking a Digital Intern to be located in our NY- Chelseaoffice.
This summer internship will begin on or after May 23, 2016 and end on or before August 21, 2016.
Anticipated hours per week: 40
- Intern must be a rising or current junior, rising or current senior, graduate student, or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduation date) at an accredited college/university.
- Applicants must have completed their sophomore year prior to the start of the internship.
- Must have previous internship experience and/or participated in college clubs/organizations, and/or in-depth coursework in a related field
- Legally eligible to work in the United States. Scripps Networks is unable to sponsor visas for interns. If you are an international student not already studying in the U.S. on an F-1 or J-1 visa, then you have to go through a university or an outside organization (internship placement agency) that will sponsor your visa.
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills, as well as exceptional organization and planning skills
- You must include your anticipated graduation
- Must have an interest in the media and television industries
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tasked to concept and create editorial designs for Food Network food-themed packages.
- Work from wireframes and brand style guides to assist with Food Network site and app enhancements.
- Assist with the creation of digital marketing materials that promote editorial packages across sites and apps and social media.
- Assist with updating style guide
- Assist with presentation building using Keynote or similar software.
- Strong Adobe skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and be proficient in presentation software such as Keynote
- Working knowledge of Sketch
Areas of Study
- Visual Communications
- Interactive Design
- Graphic Design
About the Internship Experience
Scripps Networks Interactive is the perfect environment for talented, ambitious individuals who are looking to gain a competitive career advantage whether it’s in the media industry or another field. We are a growing company with a diverse, inclusive and supportive culture that views its employees as its greatest resource and commits to investing in the best and brightest talent to propel our company forward. Our future depends on the vision, fortitude and positive initiative of our people to uphold an uncompromising standard that has made Scripps the Leader in Lifestyle Media.
All internships are approximately 12 weeks during which time you will learn from experience through hands-on projects, professional interaction and day-to-day operations. We invite talented individuals to bring their brightest ideas and contribute to the growth of a world leading media company. During your time with Scripps, we are confident that you will hone your skills, develop new ones and discover your true potential.
At Scripps Networks Interactive we want your passion, self-motivation, fresh ideas and forward-thinking perspective. In addition, we want positive attitudes and dedication to ensure your time and experience with Scripps is challenging, unique and contributes to your ongoing success, which might even continue with a longer-term opportunity with us.
* You must have an active LinkedIn Account to apply to this position.