Application Deadline January 31, 2017
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C’s: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
J. Walter Thompson’s distinctive ten-week paid summer internship program allows interns to gain experience in multiple departments across the agency. During their internship, interns will have the opportunity to work on real-life projects: from developing concepts and ideas, to presenting a pitch and executing a final product. Interns will also experience life in an advertising agency. Some highlights of our program include our speaker series, volunteer initiatives, mentorship program, and networking opportunities.
- Walter Thompson NY is looking for interns to join the Digital Production team. The right candidates will be able to provide creative solutions while having a business mindset. Students who are detail-oriented, resourceful, innovative, focused and able to embrace challenges with imagination and flair are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Assisting Digital Producers, User Experience Architects, Executive Digital Producers, and the Director of Digital Production with day-to-day needs on website builds and banner builds
- Assisting the Digital Studio Manager with resourcing developers, QA managers, and technical leads
- Assisting in overall department organization including department status and weekly resourcing
- Requirements and Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
Must be enrolled in an accredited university as a rising senior.
- Proven effective written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and self-directed
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- A passion to make and discover new things
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- A sense of humor and positive attitude are a must
- Interest in technology and the ever-changing world of technological innovations, social media, and hardware capability.
- Curious about the boundaries and modern applications of technology
Upon applying, please include your answer to ONE (1) of the application questions listed below. Please limit your answer to 250 words or less and attach this to your application in Word format as a Cover Letter attachment..
1) At J. Walter Thompson, we believe that in order to be a true Pioneer, one must display curiosity, exemplify courage, demonstrate capability, and promote collaboration. Describe a situation in your previous work, education, volunteer and/or leadership experiences where you have exemplified at least two of these values and what the outcome was.
2) Tell us about a time when you had to fight for an idea or cause you truly believed in, so much so, that that you were willing to jump through many hoops in order to make it happen. What was the idea or cause? Why were you passionate about this? How were you able to overcome potential rejection and deal with roadblocks? What were the end results?
You MUST attach your response to one (1) of the application questions in the attachment section of the online application. Please note that applicants without this will NOT be considered!
The deadline for applications is January 31, 2017
APPLY ON LINE
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law