Work on a contract or hourly basis with Creative Director to create new designs for commercial branding, interiors and graphic projects. Execute said designs following respective project concept and brand identity within a set deadline under Director’s supervision.
A discerning eye with creative design sensibility a must.
Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design) and any other related design software to create unique brand logos, marketing material, product labels, and website graphics for various product and service based clientele.
Occasionally survey sites, digitize measurements and contribute 2-D technical drawings in CAD. Familiar with design drawing sets for retail and hospitality projects preferred.
Source new finish materials and organize office library to keep up to date with innovative product lines within the commercial design industry.
Create impressive material boards, FF&E schedules and compile all tear sheets needed for commercial interior jobs & department submittals.
Familiar with Squarespace interface and Website Design a plus.
Candidate must have an approachable personality, be responsible, reliable & honest with a great go-getter attitude and not afraid of design challenges on tight deadlines.
1-3 years experience a plus, but not required if candidate is talented, motivated, willing to work hard and learn quickly.
Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. Ability to work from home most of the time, but also work at main studio on occasion.
STUDIOBIG is a multi-discipline design studio specializing in commercial brand, interior & graphic design.
Only candidates that are passionate about the blending of strong brand development and unique commercial interiors need apply. Architectural, interior and graphic designers, students and/or freelancers all welcome to apply.
BIG opportunity to be a part of a creative start-up design studio; working hands on in the commercial design industry by learning directly from the founder. Email resume and work portfolio to email@example.com
Every year since 1981 the Society of Illustrators holds the annual Student Scholarship Competition. This year, a little over 200 works were chosen from more than 8,000 entries submitted by professors of college-level students nationwide. The work is judged by professional illustrators and art directors. Pieces are accepted based on the quality of technique, concept and skill of medium used.
Jiemin’s piece “Foodie Town,” which he created in Assistant Professor Ryan Hartley Smith’s Illustration II course, is now on display at the Society of Illustrators along with the other winning entries. The exhibition is up now through June 3rd. More information here.
The Intern Graphic Design produces and develops marketing and internal design materials. This position assists in the development and production of all graphic communications. The Designer is responsible for creating bold, clean, innovative designs and providing creative and technical support to projects in collaboration with the Brand Design Manager. This role will also work closely with the copywriter designing innovative marketing collateral while upholding the JetBlue brand.
The Intern is driven to produce results and deliver high-quality product to internal clients, excels under tight deadlines, strives to stay on the cutting edge of design technology, is resilient, and exhibits the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun, and Passion.
- Assist in the design of marketing and internal communication pieces
- Supports interdepartmental teams with creative design requests. (ie: Journal ads, signage, posters, brochures, etc)
- Supports/assist other Brand Design Crewmembers as needed.
- Traffic production of creative design deliverables
- Obtain estimates for production of projects.
- Obtain and suggest cost effective means to completing creative design projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- One (1) years graphic design experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Experience in preparing digital files for print and web production
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Available for occasional overnight travel (5%)
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent proof reading ability and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
- Computer and other office equipment
- Normal Office Environment
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)