Every year since 1981 the Society of Illustrators holds the annual Student Scholarship Competition. This year, a little over 200 works were chosen from more than 8,000 entries submitted by professors of college-level students nationwide. The work is judged by professional illustrators and art directors. Pieces are accepted based on the quality of technique, concept and skill of medium used.
Jiemin’s piece “Foodie Town,” which he created in Assistant Professor Ryan Hartley Smith’s Illustration II course, is now on display at the Society of Illustrators along with the other winning entries. The exhibition is up now through June 3rd. More information here.
The Intern Graphic Design produces and develops marketing and internal design materials. This position assists in the development and production of all graphic communications. The Designer is responsible for creating bold, clean, innovative designs and providing creative and technical support to projects in collaboration with the Brand Design Manager. This role will also work closely with the copywriter designing innovative marketing collateral while upholding the JetBlue brand.
The Intern is driven to produce results and deliver high-quality product to internal clients, excels under tight deadlines, strives to stay on the cutting edge of design technology, is resilient, and exhibits the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun, and Passion.
- Assist in the design of marketing and internal communication pieces
- Supports interdepartmental teams with creative design requests. (ie: Journal ads, signage, posters, brochures, etc)
- Supports/assist other Brand Design Crewmembers as needed.
- Traffic production of creative design deliverables
- Obtain estimates for production of projects.
- Obtain and suggest cost effective means to completing creative design projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- One (1) years graphic design experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Experience in preparing digital files for print and web production
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Available for occasional overnight travel (5%)
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent proof reading ability and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
- Computer and other office equipment
- Normal Office Environment
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)