Are you an undergraduate student looking to gain hands-on arts management experience in the city that defines a thriving arts and business metropolis—New York City? This program is for you!
Application Deadline February 4, 2018
INTERN REQUIREMENTS & ELIGIBILITY
The Diversity in Arts Leadership internship program is designed to promote and advance diversity in the field of arts management and thus seeks candidates from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in arts leadership. In its review of candidates, ABC/NY will give preference to these applicants.
Eligible applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- be available for orientation scheduled for Monday, June 4, 2018
- be available during the entire length of the program, Monday, June 4 to Thursday, August 9, 2018;
- be currently enrolled as an undergraduate (the program is open to current college students who will have completed their freshman year by the beginning of the internship. Graduating seniors are eligible to apply; applications from college graduates and graduate students will not be accepted.); and
- be able to provide Employment Eligibility Verification. Applicants must be able to provide (but do not need to include with application materials) EITHER one document from List A OR one document from List B, plus one document from List C. (If you can provide a document from List A, you do not need any documents from List B or List C.) (Click here to download a PDF of eligible documents).
The Diversity in Arts Leadership internship program was created to advance diversity in the arts management field and to build a pipeline of future arts leaders in New York City, as well as to provide opportunities for students considering both arts and business careers to learn about the business of the arts. Each summer, undergraduate students from diverse and generally underrepresented backgrounds are matched with host arts organizations in the five boroughs of New York City to complete challenging projects in areas such as marketing, public relations, fundraising, event management, audience development, and community outreach. The Arts & Business Council of New York matches undergraduate students with dynamic non-profit arts organizations and with corporate mentors who can guide their personal and professional growth.
Through the Diversity in Arts Leadership internship program, students will have the unique opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience in arts management by working on projects that are designed to increase applicable skills, contacts, and future job prospects. Intern projects can be in marketing and communications, development and fundraising, event planning, audience development, community outreach, and more.
- Benefit from the experience and skills of arts and business professionals. Business mentors guide and advise the students throughout the internship, through regular meetings and conversations, and nurture an intern’s personal goals and interests. They provide insight into the business world, and demonstrate how individuals with varying careers and backgrounds can support the arts. Each intern’s day-to-day arts host supervisor is an experienced and can also serve as a professional mentor.
- Participate in conversations and skills-building workshops about the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion, career development, and professional networks.
- Build a close network of peers who are also navigating a future career in arts management and have are interrested in the arts across disciplines.
The internship is an intensive 10-week program which includes full time work (Monday-Friday) with a New York City arts organization, opening and closing ceremonies, an opening orientation, group site visits, professional development, and cultural events at least twice per week in the evenings, and weekly communication and/or meet ups with your business mentor.
This program, which brings together participants from the arts and business sectors, facilitates arts-business partnerships through leadership development. Each intern gains valuable on-the-job training, learning opportunities, and networking specific to both the nonprofit arts sector and the business side of the arts.
All interns work for ten weeks, full-time, at their respective NYC arts organizations. Interns will begin their first day on the job immediately after the June 4, 2018 orientation, welcome ceremony, and breakfast (intern host supervisors and mentors are invited as well). Specific daily work schedules will be set by individual host organizations, but interns should expect to work full time, Monday through Friday.
Two things Grey has been doing since 1917: hiring forceful, energetic innovators with diverse skill sets and points of view who can put ideas into motion that lead to results, and creating famously effective work. That’s no coincidence.
Smart, quick, highly motivated business-savvy people have been the backbone of Grey’s famously effective work for almost a hundred years. They are the drivers of business and creative performance that at this point in Grey’s long history have never better. Our work for DirecTV and Canon has won a total of 11 Cannes Lions in the past two years. Febreze, which won four Lions in that same time, also was awarded four Effies including two global ones. In fact, the agency’s award performance has never been better, and neither has our clients’ businesses; more than 4/5 of them reported positive growth last year. That is Famously Effective at its best.
Of course none of this could have happened without the diverse talent roster we have in place and we are continuing to look for the best talent to join us in 2018. That’s why we continue to need drivers—people who can help move the agency further on the trajectory of success.
At Grey, we believe that everyone has creative ideas and we’d love to hear yours! Grey has been famously effective since 1917, and this is your chance to see just why. Take the opportunity to work in one of the following areas: Account Management, Creative, New Business, Digital, Strategy, Activation & PR or Wing. Work closely with some of the sharpest minds in the industry and get your ideas heard. Most of all absorb the idea-driven creative environment and enjoy an internship that might just change your life.
If you’re ready to dive into the dynamic world of advertising, intern with us at Grey.
The 2018 Summer Internship Program is a unique ten-week opportunity to work hands on within one of Grey’s dynamic departments. You will have the opportunity to assist teams on a variety of projects and interact with world-class professionals who are experts in their chosen field. The program also includes weekly seminars designed to give you a whole rounded view of Advertising and being at an agency. You will also work with fellow colleagues on a final project to be presented to senior level management as part of a culminating experience.
The online application process will be open as of January 1st. Candidates must submit ALL required materials to be eligible for consideration. If there is a match, you will be contacted by someone from our Talent Team.
Requirements and Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Applicants must submit a cover letter to accompany their application along with a written recommendation letter from a previous supervisor, manager or professor.
- Submit a writing sample of 500 words or less on any campaign that you think is both famous and effective (it does NOT have to be Grey specific). Write a detailed analysis, providing insight on the strategy, target, benefit and support points.
- Submit a response to the following question – If hired as an intern at Grey, what mark would you leave on the company?
- Must be currently enrolled in a BA program as a Junior or Senior
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- Proven effective communication skills
- Working knowledge of departments within an agency
- Solid internal & external relationship building & partnering
- Knowledge and/or experience in the digital space is preferred
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for the industry by keeping up with latest news, trends, etc.
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash and Html may be required for internships in Creative
- Proficiency in Spanish may be required for internships within Grey Wing
- Verification of your prior employment and educational information, satisfactory results from our reference and background checks, and verification of your identity and right to work in the United States.
Grey Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Must attach resume, letters of recommendation, response to question and writing sample,
• The program will be 9 weeks, beginning on Monday, June 4th until Friday, August 3rd.
• It is a full-time paid internship
• Every intern will be assigned to a specific department and will work on a designated account(s). Part of the application process is to pick your top three preferred departments from the following list –
• Account Management
• Broadcast Production
• Corporate Communications
• Creative (Art and Copy) **
• Integrated Production
• Managed Markets
• Medical Education
• New Business
• User Experience
• Web Development
As part of the program, each week there will be “Lunch n’ Learn” information sessions where agency members from various departments discuss aspects of their roles, department, and the nuances of healthcare advertising. There will also be an assigned group project that will be completed in teams and presented at the conclusion of the program.
• Coursework related to advertising/marketing and/or healthcare
• Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week for the duration of the 9-week program
• Possess solid communication, computer, and presentation skills
***ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28TH. ***
- Web Designer
- Page Designer
- Graphic Designer
Join us for a unique 12-14 week internship that will take place Summer 2018.
Applications are due by January 22nd at 11:59pm PST.
Our team will review applications on a rolling basis and it’s in your best interest to apply early. All hiring will be completed by April 2018. Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Seattle, WA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; New York, NY, USA; Irvine, CA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of a Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In a Designer role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use solutions for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of other Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Create motion studies for enhancing usability, interaction, storytelling and delight.
- Work closely with UX partners and product managers to ideate and define.
- Work closely with engineering to integrate into products.
- Work closely with research to test and inform user experiences.
- Produce quality design that accurately reflect a visual design language or brand guideline.
- Understand of typography, color, grid, and composition. Demonstrate best practices for pixel-perfect production considerations and methods.
- Use a broad range of style that can be consistently executed with an aesthetic personality or voice that is consistent, though not restricting.
- Develop and communicate underlying concepts that inspire design implementation.
- Produce and test interaction flows and mocks that accurately communicate product functionality to product, engineering, and visual design team members.
- Pair research with an intellectual curiosity that encourages testing and iteration is essential.
- Appreciate aesthetic details.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after completion of the internship.
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS degree in graphic design, human-computer interaction, computer science, or related field and graduating in 2018, 2019 or 2020.
- A design portfolio that demonstrates design principles for web and/or mobile platforms.
- Currently pursuing a MS degree in graphic design, human-computer interaction, computer science, or related field and graduating in 2018, 2019 or 2020.
- Demonstrable proficiency with design tools (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, After Effects, Quartz Composer, Framer Studio, etc.) and familiarity with front- end engineering and/ or working with engineers.
- Ability to apply brand visual assets in a user interface context and understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Solid analytical, creative and visual thinker with excellent communication skills, both verbal and visual.
- Strong design background in fundamentals along with relevant internship work, work experience, or personal project experience outside the classroom in interaction, graphic design or motion design.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
Are you a design student or a newly minted graduate? Join us for AIGA/NY’s 2nd annual mini-job fair! Its speed networking meets the design industry not another portfolio review. Come by and introduce yourself. Meet reps. from New York’s top creative organizations, companies, agencies and studios and learn about the advantages of working at their company. Ask what a typical day is like for their designers, find out about all the office perks and hear what their creative directors look for when they hire new talent. You will discover what is unique about each situation and why you might want to work for one or more of these companies.
Details and Registration here:
The Queens College Tech Incubator is having Amy Chen from NYC Media Lab come to Queens College to talk to students about their organization and opportunities for students, particularly related to VR/AR. The presentation will be at the Campbell Dome on Jan 25th, from 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm. All QC students are welcome to attend.
RSVP via the link below:
To learn more about NYC Media Lab:
Simon & Schuster, a part of CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
The Simon & Schuster Internship Program offers students a chance to explore the world of book publishing with a behind-the-scenes learning experience. Though interns work within specific departments where they are able to explore all aspects of the business. The program is then supplemented with speaker presentations, mentoring relationships, and networking opportunities.
Interns are placed within specific imprints or divisions on either the adult or children’s side of the business based on interest, experience, academic coursework, and the Simon & Schuster business needs. Past assignments have typically been within editorial, marketing, and publicity departments.
Interns will both shadow and work alongside publishing professionals. They will also attend meetings and events and participate in weekly lunch and learn programs designed specifically for the intern class.
The summer 2018 session will run for 8 weeks and will allow interns to work a full 35 hour work week.
To be considered for the internship program a candidate:
Must be a currently enrolled student (Juniors and Seniors or graduate students preferred).
Must submit an application with cover letter through the Simon and Schuster career site at www.simonandschuster.biz/careers
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States after graduation; Completion of the application assumes eligibility to work in the United States.
Should have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Must have a passion for books and an eagerness to tell us about it
Must have a great attitude and desire to learn
McCann NY 2018 – Summer Internship
New York City, NY
Get ready to roll up your sleeves and be immersed in the fast-paced, ever-changing, incredibly fun world of advertising! During this 10-week program, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the advertising business, work collaboratively in teams to solve a business challenge, create an integrated marketing campaign for a current or prospective client, and truly be valued as a junior member of your team.
You will take part in weekly Learn & Lunch sessions, starting with an exploration of the various departments within McCann. Additionally, you will participate in many training programs offered to McCann employees. Interns that successfully complete the program will be considered for full-time positions upon graduation. For more information and to learn more about us, please visit www.mccannny.com.
Who you will be
- Must be a rising senior, graduating senior, or graduate school student
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrate a passion and desire to be in advertising
- Creative, collaborative and innovative thinker
- Enthusiastic and organized
- Strong writing and presentation skills a must
- Relevant MS Office experience required
- Knowledge of the digital landscape and social media
- Prior internship experience in a related field a plus
- For creative internships, a creative portfolio is required, as well as intermediate knowledge and the ability to work in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is required for Design and Art Direction interns
How to apply for this internship
- 1) Fill out a formal application online at https://mccanncareers.silkroad.com/
- 2) In a short paragraph, please answer the following question: “What brand plays a meaningful role in your life, and why?” Please be sure to attach it to your online application.
- 3) Create a 30 second video that answers the question: “What would you bring to the table if you were to intern at McCann?” Please upload your video to YouTube and provide the URL in your application so that we can access and view it. You can create the video in any style you’d like, have fun with it!
If you have a department preference, please let us know. For more information about the different departments within an agency and how they function, please visit http://aef.com/building-talent/industry-roles/:
- Account Management
- Project Management
- New Business
- Human Resources
- Art Direction
- Integrated Production
The Application Deadline is March 15, 2018.
We look forward to all of your responses, and promise to read them all! Due to the high volume of applicants, we kindly request your patience during this process. Final decisions will be made by April 15, 2018.
Please note: Applications without the short inspiration paragraph, a video and a portfolio (for Creative intern candidates only) will not be accepted.
McCann New York is the headquarters of McCann Worldwide, one of the world’s largest advertising agency networks with operations in over 120 countries. The agency opened in 1912 with Truth Well Told as its founding — and enduring — creative philosophy. As we have enhanced this strategy-based creative approach to keep it relevant in today’s multichannel brand communications world, we have strengthened our ability to unearth consumer insights, highlight behavioral brand truths, and create innovative multiplatform experiences that help our clients’ brands play a meaningful role in consumers’ lives.
McCann is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer
Participant in E-Verify
Job LocationNew York, New York, United States