CERRU is looking for a Communications and Social Media College Assistant. The Communications and Social Media College Assistant will be expected to assist in creating and implementing a communication and marketing strategy. Training will begin in the summer. Must have excellent English writing and editing skills.
Specific responsibilities will include:
– Creating or overseeing the production of brochures, fliers, etc.
– Monthly newsletter
– Creating a social media strategy
– Updating or overseeing the updates of social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
– Tracking Google & Facebook analytics
– Maintaining website and Constant Contact account
– Creating and sending weekly CERRU email
– Meeting with supervisor on weekly basis to review strategies and progress
– Additional projects/responsibilities that arise as directed by CERRU staff
– This will be under an official Queens College CA (college assistant) line
– The annual salary will be $16,000 and pays around $15/hour
– This position accrues an hour of annual leave for every 15 hours worked. Individual may use annual leave after first 500 hours been completed
– This position accrues an hour of sick leave for every 20 hours worked
Direct Report to Yael Rosenstock, Associate Director
CERRU is a diversity education center that provides nonviolent communication tools to bridge social differences and create a more equitable society. We use dialogue and undoing bias techniques to bring people together to discuss their views and listen to one another. Dialogue is a conversation in which people who have various and often conflicting beliefs, values, and perspectives listen mindfully to each other and ask questions to elicit more information rather than focus on making their point. They experience how to include differences, negotiate their social identities, find common ground, move forward with their own personal growth, and work with others to effect positive social change.CERRU is seeking individuals who share our values to further the journey towards equity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CERRU is committed to continuing our dedication to diversity in our spaces and encourages applications from people of all gender identities, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, ability statuses, ages, socioeconomic statuses, and so forth.