Congratulations to Jadxia Carbajal, Christian Dantzler and Jessica Hong for having work selected to screen in the 2018 Rarebit Animation Festival at Queensborough Community College. Additionally, the jury awarded Jadxia Carbajal’s film Battery, about her personal experience with Type I Diabetes, the top honor and she took home the 2018 Rarebit Award.
Christian Dantzler’s film, Ruptured, was about learning to love while simultaneously navigating childhood society was created using Flash and Photoshop, as well as some traditional pencil on paper techniques. Both Christian and Jadxia’s films were two-semester projects in Professor Grella’s ARTS 370 Animated Documentary course.
Jessica Hong’s film Ghost Ice Cream is a humorous yarn about a ghost that is in love with ice cream. Hong, an upcoming senior, created her film in Professor Cowan’s Intro to Animation course. She is currently working on a film about irrational fears, to be finished in December.
This was the second year for the Rarebit Animation Festival which takes its name from Dream of the Rarebit Fiend, the innovative and often surreal comic strip by one-time Sheepshead Bay resident Winsor McCay (c.1867-1934). Perhaps best known for his popular strip Little Nemo in Slumberland, McCay was a pioneer in the art of animation–his cartoon Gertie the Dinosaur (1914) was one of the very first animated films ever created.
A family-owned mid-size digital and offset printer with over 40 years of print experience, ; specializes in high end printing for l:he cosmetic, fashion and real estate industries. http://nwqueensny.expresspros.com/
Graphic Design and Prepress:
- Receive print files and prepare them for print production
- Make and send PDF proofs to clients for approval
- Manipulate files as needed
- Interact with clients concerning their print projects and file set up
- Interact with outside vendors about purchasing materials and services
The Candidate must be detail-oriented with some proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite and be interested in learning graphic design and pre-press production. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Must be able to work with multiple projects and be able to perform within tight deadlines. Candidates will also learn to produce hi-res image color/cortections and layout adjustments.
- Some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (lnDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Publisher, Excel)
- Some typographic and layout skills preferred, but not required
- Strict attention to detail, and good organizational, project management, and file organization skills
INTERN WILL BE TRAINED IN
- Setting up files for Xerox, Indigo and offset presses
- Traditional prepress skills, including trapping, halftones, screen angles, and dot
- Creating and revising designs and layouts for specific printed projects
- Preparing and creating style guides, mock-ups and presentation comps Preparing final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing
Making various formats of supplied artwork produc:tion-ready and resolving artwork issues that arise during production
- Image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation
- Packaging and preflighting files for release to printers or media partners
To Apply Email resume with letter of interest to email@example.com