Send cover letter and resume with links to portfolio to
4250 Veterans Memorial Hwy
Holbrook, NY 11741 Suite 220 E
Position: UX/UI Design & Research Intern
Who we are: NYC Department of IT & Telecommunications (DoITT)
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Term: Summer 2019
Start: Late May
About us: DoITT partners with over 100 government entities to help them obtain the right technology solutions to meet their business needs and delivery services to New Yorkers
• Contribute to DoITT’s project work on multiple platforms
• Work on the development of application, process and design standards
• Work with UX researchers to create and conduct user research for software products and features
• Discuss, present and share design ideas with project team and stakeholders
Your Experience and Skills:
• Graduate student in visual design, UX design, application or web design/development, or related field
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications or other visual design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, OmniGraffle/Visio, Adobe XD)
• Interest in user research, information technology and/or government operations
• Knowledge of WordPress or other content management system software, PHP, or Angular a plus
• Strong visual design skills a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• You will work with DoITT’s user experience design team creating customer-centric websites, apps, and other products for NYC agencies
• You will have access to an intern curriculum featuring online learning, in-person workshops, info sessions, on-site tours and social events
• You will meet and work with a wide range of professionals and build your network
Your Schedule and Compensation:
• 10-12 week internship
• $20 per hour with paid holidays
• Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com the title of this position as the subject line
• Application period closes on Feb 22nd
• Learn more about us on www.nyc.gov/doitt
Who we are:
We’re a tight-knit team in NY backed by the support of a global agency. We’re into giant conceptual thinking just as much as we are finely crafted deliverables, thought and re-thought and then filtered through strategy and the power of data.
You’ll like it here if you’re more interested in collaborating with the world around you than forcing it to bend to your will. We’re small enough that you have to act, have ideas, and make things. Though not required, it also helps if you can dance, or at least tell a good joke.
Who we are looking for:
POSSIBLE New York is looking for a Design Intern to join our team for the 2019 Summer session!
We believe that one learns best by doing so each intern is assigned a mentor and has the chance to pitch in on client work. In addition, the interns work collaboratively as a team on a final project for the Senior Leadership Team.
The Design Intern needs to be flexible, efficient, detail-oriented, and packed with potential for greatness. You will utilize your mad design skills to craft kick-ass graphics that grab people’s attention and make a PowerPoint presentation a gripping experience. Typography is your jam because of its ability to evoke emotion, and photography and videography might also be a hobby. You will have a hand in supporting the Creative team in client deliverables in primarily the digital and social space. You might not have a ton of experience under their belt, but you come with a unique perspective and an attitude that says “The sky’s the limit!”.
This is a 10-week internship that starts in June 2019.
What you’ll do:
What you’ll need:
POSSIBLE believes that a promise is the foundation of every good relationship – and the truth is, brands make promises every day. We are visionaries and innovators working in creative, technology, strategy, and data science to create experiences that keep brand promises so that every interaction is an opportunity to build trust and loyalty. We use data to help us identify opportunities, technology to help us take advantage of them and emotion to make the resulting experiences magical.
We’ve built our agency with our own promise: to foster a culture of inclusiveness and collaboration that appeals to those who want to do great work and make a difference. POSSIBLE creates experiences for some of the world’s most dynamic brands, including Microsoft, AT&T, Nestle, Adidas, and Turner. POSSIBLE is part WPP and the Wunderman Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Are you a design student or new graduate? Join us for AIGA NY’s 3rd annual mini-job fair! Meet reps from New York’s top creative companies and studios. Find out what a typical day is like for their designers and hear what creative directors are looking for in new designers like you.
It’s speed networking meets the design industry and not another portfolio review. Come by, introduce yourself, and discover where to take your first steps in the design industry.
AIGA NY board members Caspar Lam and Janet Esquirol will co-host.
Event Series: Work in Progress
AIGA NY Student Job Fair is part of the Work in Progress event series. These events are focused on the creative process, personal development and professional development. They aim to give a peek behind the curtain and expose failure as a valuable experience.
Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts
65 West 11th Street Room B500
New York, NY 10011
Friday, February 15
12:00pm – 4:00pm