Hear QC Design graduate Kelly Fernandez and faculty member Ryan Hartley Smith talk about getting a comic published, plus faculty from other departments talk about trends in the industry, comic and zine collections in libraries and more.
Date: May 2nd, 6-7pm
Location: Benjamin S. Rosenthal Library: President’s Conference Room 2
The Graphic Design Intern at Symphony Space works with the Marketing Department to create digital advertisements, flyers, house programs, posters and other promotional materials (both print and web). This intern also helps the department with general marketing tasks (posting listings, poster rotation, etc) in support of a busy calendar with 200 events annually produced by Symphony Space. Working knowledge of Creative Suite required. Please a cover letter, a resume, and a link to a portfolio of work that demonstrates Design skills.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stipends for Fall Internship may be available through the Queens College Career Engagement and Internships
Learn Human Centered Design to launch your new enterprise.
This two-day bootcamp is designed to take participants through the process of breaking down a complex problem and turning an idea into an actionable solution and finally making a business model for it. Ycenter two day programs are truly immersive for participants to learn about Entrepreneurship, Complex Problem Solving and Human-centered design methodology. You will learn, ideate, build and explore new ways to solve real problems using the power of business. You do not need to have a team to participate in this event. Individual registrations are welcome.
Top skills you acquire:
- Complex Problem Understanding and Breakdown
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Idea to Prototyping
- Stakeholder Mapping and Market Research
- Human Centered Design
- Creative Problem Solving
- Building A Business Model
Date: 23rd and 24th April, 2019
Venue: Queens College Tech Incubator
60-35 Kissena Blvd
Flushing, NY 11367
Learn More: https://y-center.org/events/qctech/
Ogilvy’s Immersion Day applications are now open!
What is Immersion Day?
Immersion Day is a half-day event at Ogilvy designed to give college students an inside view into the inner workings of agency life. This Immersion Day is focused specifically on the Experience Design practice at Ogilvy and provides a holistic view of UX and design thinking through activities and Q&A.
This day is perfect for students who want to learn about human-centered design, the digital transformation of brands, and how to get into this industry.
Immersion Day details:
Tuesday, April 30
10:00am – 3:00pm
636 11th ave, New York, NY
Students can learn more about Immersion Day and apply here.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us!
About Robin Hood
Robin Hood has a 30-year track record and is New York City’s largest poverty-fighting organization. In addition to funding 200 of the best nonprofits serving low-income New Yorkers, we amplify financial support with a range of management and real estate assistance. Building on our experience in New York City, Robin Hood is exploring new ways to expand our impact, including an explicit focus on increasing mobility from poverty and new collaborations with strategic partners.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for an early career professional who is talented and enjoys converting text and complicated data into rich visual PowerPoint presentations through infographics and innovative chart design. The primary role requires translating Robin Hood metrics (i.e., Poverty Tracker reports, program reports, sales materials) into a format that can be presented using a compact and creative approach that is accurate, engaging, easily accessible and relevant. The candidate will also provide production support to the Art Director with print and digital projects. Our goal is to create information rich, comprehensible internal communication collateral and compelling external marketing materials that maintain the elevated design standard Robin Hood holds in the market.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Art Director with diverse design deliverables that aim to distill complex concepts and stories into informative and digestible materials that bring clarity and insights to target audiences.
- Collaborate with the Development Team in the creation of sales support materials including PowerPoint presentations and sales sheets.
- Follow rigid brand guidelines while providing design solutions for print and digital communication materials including invitations, flyers, programs, brochures, reports and digital assets for social and web.
- Create clear and compelling presentations from technical information and program analytics by using unique vector icons and manipulated images in photoshop.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Graphic Design/Design Communication with a minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Advanced PowerPoint working knowledge required
- Proficiency in Adobe suite software package particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Must be comfortable with creating unique icons in Illustrator
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with Mail Chimp and/or related email marketing applications
- Very strong typography skills and design sensibility
- Knowledge of print production and pre-press best practices
- Ability to take and process constructive artistic feedback and work independently
- Data analysis and reporting skills a plus
- Excellent project management skills with good judgment and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Self-Starter. Skilled at completing tasks with minimal support
- Customer service orientation and good interpersonal skills
- Team player and collaborator
- Commitment to social change and understanding of poverty-related issues.
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector, and interest in helping to strengthen nonprofit organizations towards greater effectiveness.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced working environment while meeting deadlines.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite, with an emphasis on excellent Outlook, Word, and Excel skills. Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems preferred.
Robin Hood Values
Our core values ground the work that we do in all areas of our organization. If these principles appeal to you, we invite you to apply.
- Robin Hood puts people first. Always.
- Robin Hood is unafraid to take action and create solutions.
- Robin Hood is data driven and heart led.
- Robin Hood works the coat check.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Robin Hood has excellent benefits and encourages strong work-life balance.
Go here and please complete our online application.
Robin Hood is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.