Who we are:
We are a Salesforce-focused development services company that enables organizations to deploy enterprise logic to the cloud. Whether the need is to design end to end applications or support existing internal engineering teams, we help guide and execute technology challenges successfully and affordably. With over ten years of experience on the Salesforce platform, our teams thrive in helping customers navigate the Salesforce product line efficiently.
Oktana is looking for a talented individual to join our New York City office as a UI/UX design intern for the 2019 summer. Candidates must have a passion for creating amazing user experiences and killer visual designs. Must possess great UI/UX skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows which we’ll then transform into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Create UI/UX designs for web and mobile products developed by our internal labs team
Create Navigation map, page routing map and product page designs/styling guides
Participate in creating a content development strategy
Coordinate created designs with backend developers and product owner
Create mockups for development team
Conduct usability tests
The following technical skills are required:
UI/UX design for SPA Web applications experience
Web and Graphic design tools (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc)
Operating systems: Linux, Windows
A strong knowledge of secure coding practices.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, or related discipline.
Oktana is an equal opportunity employer. Oktana does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
For more info and how to apply, contact Marcos Solari at <email@example.com>.
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
ESI Design offers paid summer internship positions for students. The Creative Technology intern will be responsible for assisting creative technology designers in their daily tasks, especially relating to research, idea generation and articulating how ideas can be brought to life. The candidate should be available to work full time for an engagement of 10 weeks at minimum.
The intern will participate in the design of software and media for architectural, interpretive, and corporate brand installations. Their core responsibilities will be the development and creation ofdesign documentation such as wireframes and diagrams; hands-on creation of software and installation prototypes including VR previsualizations; and the development of creative explorations for data-driven, generative, and interactive media.
- Work on projects with a fair degree of independence, contributing to ideation, design, and implementation
- Take creative direction and expand on concept ideas for tactics and executions
- Participate in and contribute to broad brainstorms
- Research and develop prototypes coming out of ideation, ranging from VR to interactive data visualization.
- Create wireframes, diagrams, flow charts and other software design documentation
- Create decks and presentation slides with both visual and written clarity
- Explain and present ideas to the broader team
- Experience with interdisciplinary and experiential projects
- Proficiency in XD, Sketch or other wireframe design software
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with the creation of data-driven, generative, and interactive media
- Familiarity with G Suite and other standard office productivity softwares
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from studies in UX, Interaction Design, Experience Design, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of the field of architecture and architectural design considerations
- Proficiency in an experiential programming platform, such as TouchDesigner, Unity3D, UnrealEnging or openFrameworks
- Proficiency in a motion graphics tool such as Cinema4D or AfterEffects
- Proficiency in presentation design software such as Keynote or InDesign
- Familiarity with sensors and physical computing
- Prior internship experience at design studio or advertising agency
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org