Design & Marketing Internship (Remote)
Flushing Town Hall (FTH) is seeking a Design & Marketing intern during Winter 2020 – Spring 2021 semesters. FTH will provide interns with great opportunities to develop skills and ideas in a friendly virtual-office environment.
Flushing Town Hall (FTH) presents multi-disciplinary global arts that engage and educate the global communities of Queens and New York City, in order to foster mutual appreciation. As advocates of arts equity since 1979, we support local, immigrant, national, and international artists, developing partnerships and collaborations that enhance our efforts. As a member of New York City’s Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), we serve to restore, manage and program the historic 1862 landmark on behalf of the City of New York. FTH celebrates the history of Queens as the home of Jazz, by presenting the finest in Jazz performance. We are committed to arts education and hands-on learning, for the arts-curious, arts enthusiasts, and professional artists. We serve one of the most diverse communities in the world, and strive to uphold the legacy of inclusiveness that has defined our community since the Flushing Remonstrance of 1657. Due to Covid-19 crisis, FTH has been closed since mid-March and offering virtual programs “Flushing Town Hall at Home” since March 27. More information: www.flushingtownhall.org
Design & Marketing Intern Reports to: Director of Marketing and Community Engagement: Part-time (8-12 hrs per week for 4-5 months; stipend provided $15/hr by Queens College) Available immediately.
Internship Duties: Full remote Internship Opportunity. Work closely with the Marketing and Community Engagement team in all areas of design and marketing. Job duties include but are not limited to the following projects:
– Help create graphics for: marketing and fundraising campaign, banners, flyers, and FTH social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube)
– Present rough drafts and present ideas
– Use the appropriate Brand colors, guidelines and layouts for each graphic
– Work with marketing team to produce final design
– Any other administrative duties reasonably related to marketing or the functions described above
Experience & Skills
– Prior experience creating graphics and a solid grasp of design concepts
– Comfort working in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop. InDesign, and Illustrator.
– Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goas
– Detail-oriented, organized, ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
– Ability to work remotely, and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
– Possess excellent communication skills
– Bilingual ability is a plus
– Passion in the arts and culture is a plus
To apply, please e-mail your resume, a cover letter, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org