Description: The Knight News is looking for a graphic design intern to help put together the layout. You will be required to work with us once a month, as the newspaper publishes monthly on the third Wednesday of the month.
- Update the layout with new stories monthly
- Occasionally modify photos in photoshop to adjust the needs of the writers
- Occasionally create simple advertisements
- Update the media kit once a semester
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Publication Design class is a plus but not required
Hi friends! I’m hosting an online design mentorship from March 2021 to May 2021.
I will be selecting 2-3 designers to work with!
-Providing feedback on a project that you’re currently working on or would like to begin working on
-Advice from my experience working as a designer: Working in-house v. freelance, how to write a contract, project planning, etc.
– Around 2 meetings a month, 5-6 meetings total
*APPLICATIONS OPEN TO THOSE IN THE NYC METRO AREA*
People who come from these backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!
– Minority status (e.g. BIPOC, LGBTQ+)
– Those who identify with being economically disadvantaged
– Juniors/ Seniors, or recent grads/ people currently applying to jobs
PLEASE include “DESIGN MENTORSHIP” in your subject heading.
Email applications to email@example.com
Application closes 12:00am midnight, March 1st.
Mentorship period is March 17, 2021 to May 26, 2021.
1) Full Name / preferred pronouns
2) Submit your resume/ portfolio
Please answer the following in 500 words or less:
1) Why are you interested in this mentorship?
2)How would you like to see your work and yourself develop over the course of this mentorship?
3) Do you have a project that you’d like to work on or are currently working on? Please elaborate.