LinkedIn Learning provides unlimited, on-demand access to a full library of online video tutorials. Please see the following video about how to access LinkedIn Learning: https://support.qc.cuny.edu/support/solutions/articles/15000021203.
MAIP 2022 student applications are currently open until November 12, 2021!
Multicultural Advertising Intern Program (MAIP) fellows have a paid, full-time summer internship from June to August coupled with an immersive experience with 4A’s Foundation partners, MAIP Coaches, and alumni. Partners include advertising agencies such as Digitas, Omnicom Health Group, Anomaly, Kinesso, and many more along with industry partners like Sony Music Group. The goal is to continue providing fellows the space and opportunity to build the foundation for their budding careers through professional development opportunities before the internship and during the summer.
More than 4,100+ MAIP alum in 48+ years.
We welcome students who are interested in advertising/marketing to apply, regardless of their major! Internship positions offered range from account management to data analytics, among many more. Students can learn more about the internship positions offered here.
Share the MAIP brochure with students!
Must identify as Asian/Asian American, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latinx, Black/African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Multiracial or Multiethnic (e.g. Hispanic and Black)
Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
Currently an undergraduate college junior*, senior, or graduate student at any accredited, degree-granting university or a student attending a participating 4A’s portfolio school
See all eligibility requirements here.
*We have a limited number of college junior positions available for our 2022 MAIP Fellowship Cohort. We will be selecting current juniors who showcase a deep rooted drive to change the industry.
All other eligibility criteria here
Have questions? Email us at email@example.com
Take your online portfolio to the next level!
1. October 18th Monday (12:30-1:30pm) – general audience for students in business or students interested in building their portfolios with the Classic Wix Editor. This is a beginner session.
Join Wix staff to learn more about creating your online portfolio or business website. We’ll cover how to plan a website, how to use the Wix platform, and explore professional design features. Bring your laptop to discover the basics in creating a Wix website as well as features to take your portfolio to the next level. And… a one-year FREE Wix premium plan to all attendees!
Targeted Audience: Business students and all majors interested in basic web design
Workshops #2 and #3 below should be targeted to Design students specifically
Communication Design, Illustration, or Interaction Design students
2. November 3rd (Wednesday 12:15pm-1:30)- Info session directed for Graphic Design students interested in our Wix Summer 2022 Playground Program: Learn more about the Wix Playground Academy and how you can sharpen your skills and develop your digital identity in our exclusive 5-week portfolio retreat. Led by experts in the field, you’ll be encouraged to push yourself and your creativity further. Supported by a community of like-minded designers, you and your portfolio will transform, setting you apart as you move ahead in your career.
Targeted Audience: Graphic Design Students
3. November 10th (Wednesday 12:15-1:30)- Info session for graphic design students who want experience in advanced web design using our newest tool, Editor X. Students will learn how to get started with using Editor X to build their portfolios.
Targeted Audience: Graphic Design Students
Last chance to reserve your tickets to NYC Media Lab’s Summit 2021: Future Imperfect! The two-day conference will be fully virtual from Oct 6-7. And we’re kicking things off with a keynote you won’t want to miss.
NYU Researcher Laura Edelson is the Director of the NYU Cybersecurity for Democracy Project, and on Oct 6th, she’ll kick off Summit 2021 by joining NYC Media Lab’s Erica Matsumoto to go in depth on Ad Observer’s attempt to address the widespread problem of misinformation on digital platforms.
And later that day, OpenAI Co-Founder & CTO Greg Brockman will discuss the long-term impact of powerful AI.
Of course there’s more! Join us for eye-opening panels, workshops, and demos throughout the Summit:
- Panels: AI & Local News, Diverse Teams Build Better, Metaverse & Storytelling, Green Tech, and Exploring Outer Space
- Workshops: BCIs, Sleep Tech, Music Tech with ASCAP, Columbia x Hakuhodo Immersive, Consumer Reports x Data Privacy, and Automated AI & the Arts
- Demos: Synthetic Media, Verizon EdTech, Augmented Audio Reality, and Natural Language Processing with The New York Times R&D Team
We’re offering free tickets to current students, faculty, corporate members, and friends of NYC Media Lab—that’s you! Just register using your .edu or organization’s email.
First Friday (In-Person)
Oct 1 | 10am–8pm
Poster House is pleased to announce its latest public programming initiative, First Fridays! Starting October 1, the museum will be open for free with extended hours on the first Friday of every month. Stop by and see the current exhibitions and join in the fun by attending an activity, workshop, or performance throughout the day. Every First Friday is different, offering unique opportunities to engage with rotating exhibitions and the permanent collection. Reserve your ticket or sign up for an activity today! Proof of vaccination and masks are required for entry; see event page for full details.