Solidus’ designers provide creative solutions to the rising challenges financial markets are facing in a blockchain-powered ecosystem, using user-focused design methods. From manipulation detection to case management, our product needs to be user-friendly, innovative, and beautifully designed for our clients who combat compliance challenges daily.
A strong candidate should have outstanding design skills and know how to translate complex technological solutions to elegant user interactions. She/He should feel comfortable with research tasks and remain focused on deliverables, while also having exceptional interpersonal skills that are needed when working in close collaboration with developers, data scientists, engineers, and clients.
- Minimum of 2+ years relevant design experience at a high tech, product-driven company
- Experience designing digital apps and systems, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space
- A strong portfolio that showcases work, illustrating involvement in web-based projects
- Well-versed in design principles, typography, layout, UX, UI, and interaction design necessary
- Experience in creating wireframes, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools (like InVision) is a must. Abstract version control and Zeplin.io is a plus
- Strong team player, yet simultaneously able to work on independent initiatives
- Basic understanding of data analysis and knowledge of HTML / CSS / JS is a plus
If interested, email email@example.com. Please include a resume and a portfolio.
Duration: Fall 2019 3 months (part-time, start and end dates are flexible)
Science Visualization Group at the American Museum of Natural History is looking for an intern who is creative, independent and technically strong. In this internship, you will work on a touch-based interactive and maintenance of the Museum’s multiplayer VR experience in the special exhibition. Your work will be overseen by creative technologists/designers. Stipends are available.
– Can take early-stage ideas and quickly implement them into minimally functional prototypes
– Familiar with responding to constraints and incorporating feedback into an iterative design process
– Familiar with user testing techniques, processes, and evaluation
– General experience in designing user experiences and interfaces
– Experience or interest in using interactive applications in a museum context
To apply, please send your portfolio and/or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are:
We are a Salesforce-focused development services company that enables organizations to deploy enterprise logic to the cloud. Whether the need is to design end to end applications or support existing internal engineering teams, we help guide and execute technology challenges successfully and affordably. With over ten years of experience on the Salesforce platform, our teams thrive in helping customers navigate the Salesforce product line efficiently.
Oktana is looking for a talented individual to join our New York City office as a UI/UX design intern for the 2019 summer. Candidates must have a passion for creating amazing user experiences and killer visual designs. Must possess great UI/UX skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows which we’ll then transform into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Create UI/UX designs for web and mobile products developed by our internal labs team
Create Navigation map, page routing map and product page designs/styling guides
Participate in creating a content development strategy
Coordinate created designs with backend developers and product owner
Create mockups for development team
Conduct usability tests
The following technical skills are required:
UI/UX design for SPA Web applications experience
Web and Graphic design tools (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc)
Operating systems: Linux, Windows
A strong knowledge of secure coding practices.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, or related discipline.
Oktana is an equal opportunity employer. Oktana does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
For more info and how to apply, contact Marcos Solari at <email@example.com>.
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
ESI Design offers paid summer internship positions for students. The Creative Technology intern will be responsible for assisting creative technology designers in their daily tasks, especially relating to research, idea generation and articulating how ideas can be brought to life. The candidate should be available to work full time for an engagement of 10 weeks at minimum.
The intern will participate in the design of software and media for architectural, interpretive, and corporate brand installations. Their core responsibilities will be the development and creation ofdesign documentation such as wireframes and diagrams; hands-on creation of software and installation prototypes including VR previsualizations; and the development of creative explorations for data-driven, generative, and interactive media.
- Work on projects with a fair degree of independence, contributing to ideation, design, and implementation
- Take creative direction and expand on concept ideas for tactics and executions
- Participate in and contribute to broad brainstorms
- Research and develop prototypes coming out of ideation, ranging from VR to interactive data visualization.
- Create wireframes, diagrams, flow charts and other software design documentation
- Create decks and presentation slides with both visual and written clarity
- Explain and present ideas to the broader team
- Experience with interdisciplinary and experiential projects
- Proficiency in XD, Sketch or other wireframe design software
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with the creation of data-driven, generative, and interactive media
- Familiarity with G Suite and other standard office productivity softwares
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from studies in UX, Interaction Design, Experience Design, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of the field of architecture and architectural design considerations
- Proficiency in an experiential programming platform, such as TouchDesigner, Unity3D, UnrealEnging or openFrameworks
- Proficiency in a motion graphics tool such as Cinema4D or AfterEffects
- Proficiency in presentation design software such as Keynote or InDesign
- Familiarity with sensors and physical computing
- Prior internship experience at design studio or advertising agency
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn Human Centered Design to launch your new enterprise.
This two-day bootcamp is designed to take participants through the process of breaking down a complex problem and turning an idea into an actionable solution and finally making a business model for it. Ycenter two day programs are truly immersive for participants to learn about Entrepreneurship, Complex Problem Solving and Human-centered design methodology. You will learn, ideate, build and explore new ways to solve real problems using the power of business. You do not need to have a team to participate in this event. Individual registrations are welcome.
Top skills you acquire:
- Complex Problem Understanding and Breakdown
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Idea to Prototyping
- Stakeholder Mapping and Market Research
- Human Centered Design
- Creative Problem Solving
- Building A Business Model
Date: 23rd and 24th April, 2019
Venue: Queens College Tech Incubator
60-35 Kissena Blvd
Flushing, NY 11367
Learn More: https://y-center.org/events/qctech/
Ogilvy’s Immersion Day applications are now open!
What is Immersion Day?
Immersion Day is a half-day event at Ogilvy designed to give college students an inside view into the inner workings of agency life. This Immersion Day is focused specifically on the Experience Design practice at Ogilvy and provides a holistic view of UX and design thinking through activities and Q&A.
This day is perfect for students who want to learn about human-centered design, the digital transformation of brands, and how to get into this industry.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us!
Position: UX/UI Design & Research Intern
Who we are: NYC Department of IT & Telecommunications (DoITT)
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Term: Summer 2019
Start: Late May
About us: DoITT partners with over 100 government entities to help them obtain the right technology solutions to meet their business needs and delivery services to New Yorkers
• Contribute to DoITT’s project work on multiple platforms
• Work on the development of application, process and design standards
• Work with UX researchers to create and conduct user research for software products and features
• Discuss, present and share design ideas with project team and stakeholders
Your Experience and Skills:
• Graduate student in visual design, UX design, application or web design/development, or related field
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications or other visual design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, OmniGraffle/Visio, Adobe XD)
• Interest in user research, information technology and/or government operations
• Knowledge of WordPress or other content management system software, PHP, or Angular a plus
• Strong visual design skills a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• You will work with DoITT’s user experience design team creating customer-centric websites, apps, and other products for NYC agencies
• You will have access to an intern curriculum featuring online learning, in-person workshops, info sessions, on-site tours and social events
• You will meet and work with a wide range of professionals and build your network
Your Schedule and Compensation:
• 10-12 week internship
• $20 per hour with paid holidays
• Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com the title of this position as the subject line
• Application period closes on Feb 22nd
• Learn more about us on www.nyc.gov/doitt
At Ogilvy Experience Design, we want to thank you for taking the first step in building a partnership with us by sending your students to Immersion Day last fall. We are very pleased to announce the next step: a summer internship program!
We believe that in order to design for everyone, everyone needs to be included in the design process. In that spirit, we will be welcoming two students on a ten-week creative internship.
On top of a weekly curriculum and bi-weekly presentations and panels, students will work side by side with industry professionals, learning about the day-to-day workings of an agency.
We are thrilled to extend the invitation to apply to our summer internship program to Queens College students. Please find more information below.
1. Students must create an online account with Ogilvy Careers here (https://uscareers-ogilvy.icims.com/jobs/4279/2019-summer-internship—new-york/job?hub=15&mobile=false&width=1421&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240)
2. After creating their profile, students must send their resume, portfolio and two instructor recommendations to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: XD Internship Application.
Here are the details:
The application deadline is 11:59pm, January 21st. Interviews will follow and acceptance letters will be sent late April/early May.
Students must be current college juniors to apply and be available for the full ten-week internship from June to August 2019.