Established in 2007, Bluecadet is an Emmy Award-winning digital agency that creates world-class websites, mobile apps, interactive installations, and immersive environments. They collaborate with leading museums, cultural institutions, universities, and nonprofit organizations to educate, engage, and entertain.
Creative Tech Intern in NYC
Visual Design intern PHL or NYC
Full-time Web Developer in PHL
Design Apprentice in PHL
For anyone with a product idea who wants to develop it further and get credit for it, please check out Douglas Rushkoff’s class next Fall. See the information below:
Tech Development Lab
MDST 381 – undergrad
MDST 769 – masters
Fall 2017 – Wednesdays, 2p-4:50p.
In this studio course, digital pioneer Douglas Rushkoff will help participants bring their own technology concepts from the idea stage to full proposals and prototypes. Each week, guest industry experts will help students explore precedents and influences, choose platforms, develop user scenarios, determine market fit, write wireframes, evaluate social, economic, and environmental impact, prepare and rehearse proposals, build prototypes, and then participate in a live pitch before a panel of funders and technologists. Up to three projects will be invited to participate as members of QC’s new Technology Incubator.
This course is open to the entire college community: all majors, undergraduates, graduates, and faculty. Class size is limited to 15. Participation in this course is by instructor permission only.
Email email@example.com with a paragraph about your idea or the need you want to address, and one paragraph about yourself. Teams are welcome. If you’re a developer or coder, you can register without your own idea, and partner with another student during the semester.
RO NEW YORK is a design-focused branding agency specializing in luxury, beauty, and fashion. Our campaigns and product launches reflect an instinctive understanding of modern culture by making targeted connections with a universal voice and a thorough design process.
The RO NEW YORK team excels at establishing brand identities that can be carried across all media platforms (Branding & strategy, Advertising, Packaging, Video, Digital) through a meticulous process, identifying each brand’s spirit.
Graphic Design, Interactive, and Art Direction Intern Skills required:
– Strong visual sensibility and sense of typography
– Strong web design skills with strong graphic skills
– Interest in Fashion, photography and printing industry
– Hands on design experience
– Strong communication skills
– Excellent computer skills (proficiency in Adobe Suite, + Powerpoint, 3D Rendering software)
– Must be personable, organized, reliable and thrive in a team environment.
– Media capabilities (Flash and Html) a plus
Projects range from print layouts, collateral design, identity work, packaging, merchandising, to web and digital designs. You will get to work directly with the art director and creative director. Intern must be a team player working very closely with full time staff and open to helping around the studio as needed
Copywriter Skills required:
– ability to develop and create original content for social media
– fluency in writing business case studies
– advertising and collateral copywriting
Area of Focus: Design
City: New York City
Region: NYC tri-state
Duration: 3 months
The Posse Foundation is seeking a graphic designer to oversee the production of a variety of publications and creative materials. This individual will manage the creation and production of materials, including brochures, annual reports, newsletters, banners, multi-media presentations, e-blasts, invitations, programs, training materials, retrospectives and other related projects—all in a high-quality, cost-effective and timely manner. The graphic designer will also be expected to monitor the consistency and quality of the Posse brand and style across the different Posse sites, to assist sites in the completion of their design projects, and to assist in the maintenance of the Posse web site. The successful candidate will be a strong team player with good interpersonal skills, highly organized, and able to work independently. This person will also be a creative thinker with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- College degree, preferably in a design-related field
- Proficiency in Mac and Windows
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to write and edit HTML/CSS using Dreamweaver or CMS platforms
- Highly organized, task oriented and attentive to detail
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Support social media campaigns and create visual content for it
- Comfortable working in an office environment
- Knowledge of mass marketing email platforms (Constant Contact, BlackBaud, SalesForce/ExactTarget, MailChimp and EventBrite) a plus
- Knowledge of various printing processes a plus
- Photography knowledge a plus
Area of Focus: Design
City: New York City
Region: NYC tri-state
Apply By: January 31, 2017
Prerequisites: ARTS 214 – Web Design 1
Instructor: Danne Woo
Day/Time: Thursday, 2:00PM – 5:50PM
Class Website: webtwo.dannewoo.com
Alpha UX works with the largest organizations in the world. We generate valuable user insights for our clients, and our designers make that possible.
We are now offering paid off-site internships to design students on our Design Bench. As part of the program, you will:
- Create short prototypes (websites and apps) for Fortune 500 clients in e-commerce, healthcare, finance, and media
- Learn about what clients care about, the problems they are trying to solve, and their product iteration process
What will you gain from this experience?
- Real world experience working with actual client assets and live products
- Sharpen and speed up your design and prototyping skills
- Professional recommendations to startup network and Fortune 500 clients for design work (based on your performance)
As part of the internship, you will be evaluated based on:
- Prototyping skills
- User Interface Design
- Ability to understand and execute Test Criteria
- A background in UX, UI and interaction design
- Strong typography skills and visual design skills
- Skilled in Sketch, Photoshop, InVision and Axure
- Animation skills (Photoshop Timeline, After Effects) are a huge plus
- Critical attention to file organization
- Ability to work independently on projects without supervision
- Authorized to work in the United States (we are currently not accepting applicants outside the US)
Please fill out this form to apply for the Design Bench Internship.
More information can be found here: http://alpha-ux.co/design-bench-internship/
If you are interested in using code to create creative projects I highly suggest signing up for one or both of these!
See the link below for more information:
Webline is a 20 + year old website design and development firm located in Long Island City. We have worked on over 850 projects for small to publicly traded companies. The services that we offer are: Branding, Website Design and Development, Content Management, Content Marketing, Email Marketing, Social Media, SEO and Google AdWords campaigns. To learn more about our company, please take a look at our website at www.weblinedesigns.com.
We are looking for students who are familiar with WordPress, Social Media, Blogging and Constant Contact. A background using Photoshop, Dreamweaver, HTML5 and CSS would also be helpful. They will be introduced to live projects and learning and implementing the above skill sets. It is not necessary for them to have knowledge of all of the above.
Interested students should contact the Office of Career Development and Internships.
NYC Media Lab Summit (Sept. 25th)
Professor Andrew DeRosa and Professor Woo will both be demoing next Friday, September 25th, at the NYC Media Lab Summit. Professor DeRosa will be talking about his Speculative Design class and Professor Woo will also be demoing student work from his Creative Coding class.
Both of these events are great to attend to learn more about design, technology and to potentially find jobs and internships through networking. The Razorfish Summit is free to register and the NYC Media Lab Summit is only $15 for students to register.
If you do happen to attend either one of these events, make sure to stop by and say hello to Professor Woo and Professor DeRosa.