Work on a contract or hourly basis with Creative Director to create new designs for commercial branding, interiors and graphic projects. Execute said designs following respective project concept and brand identity within a set deadline under Director’s supervision.
A discerning eye with creative design sensibility a must.
Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design) and any other related design software to create unique brand logos, marketing material, product labels, and website graphics for various product and service based clientele.
Occasionally survey sites, digitize measurements and contribute 2-D technical drawings in CAD. Familiar with design drawing sets for retail and hospitality projects preferred.
Source new finish materials and organize office library to keep up to date with innovative product lines within the commercial design industry.
Create impressive material boards, FF&E schedules and compile all tear sheets needed for commercial interior jobs & department submittals.
Familiar with Squarespace interface and Website Design a plus.
Candidate must have an approachable personality, be responsible, reliable & honest with a great go-getter attitude and not afraid of design challenges on tight deadlines.
1-3 years experience a plus, but not required if candidate is talented, motivated, willing to work hard and learn quickly.
Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. Ability to work from home most of the time, but also work at main studio on occasion.
STUDIOBIG is a multi-discipline design studio specializing in commercial brand, interior & graphic design.
Only candidates that are passionate about the blending of strong brand development and unique commercial interiors need apply. Architectural, interior and graphic designers, students and/or freelancers all welcome to apply.
BIG opportunity to be a part of a creative start-up design studio; working hands on in the commercial design industry by learning directly from the founder. Email resume and work portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Intern Graphic Design produces and develops marketing and internal design materials. This position assists in the development and production of all graphic communications. The Designer is responsible for creating bold, clean, innovative designs and providing creative and technical support to projects in collaboration with the Brand Design Manager. This role will also work closely with the copywriter designing innovative marketing collateral while upholding the JetBlue brand.
The Intern is driven to produce results and deliver high-quality product to internal clients, excels under tight deadlines, strives to stay on the cutting edge of design technology, is resilient, and exhibits the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun, and Passion.
- Assist in the design of marketing and internal communication pieces
- Supports interdepartmental teams with creative design requests. (ie: Journal ads, signage, posters, brochures, etc)
- Supports/assist other Brand Design Crewmembers as needed.
- Traffic production of creative design deliverables
- Obtain estimates for production of projects.
- Obtain and suggest cost effective means to completing creative design projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- One (1) years graphic design experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Experience in preparing digital files for print and web production
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Available for occasional overnight travel (5%)
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent proof reading ability and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
- Computer and other office equipment
- Normal Office Environment
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
at BuzzFeed for Video Internship/Fellowship/Residency (View all jobs)
Design Intern (NYC)
The BuzzFeed Entertainment Group design team needs a hard-working intern for a full-time paid position in the New York office, to start as soon as possible.
We are looking for someone with a passion for design, a deep understanding of the internet, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Help create graphics for a wide variety of subjects
- Observe current design trends on social media and across the web
- Work with editors to come up with creative solutions
- Assist the design team with the creation of headers, infographics, illustrations, type treatments and distributed content
- Optimize and prepare files for web
- Animation experience a plus
- Degree or course of study in graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Good communication skills and a talent for collaboration
- An interest in current events, pop culture, and social media
- Must include a link to a portfolio site of your recent work, no PDFs or dropbox links please
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
For anyone with a product idea who wants to develop it further and get credit for it as an ARTS370 class…
Tech Development Lab
MDST 381 – undergrad
Fall 2017 – Wednesdays, 2p-4:50p.
In this studio course, digital pioneer Douglas Rushkoff will help participants bring their own technology concepts from the idea stage to full proposals and prototypes. Each week, guest industry experts will help students explore precedents and influences, choose platforms, develop user scenarios, determine market fit, write wireframes, evaluate social, economic, and environmental impact, prepare and rehearse proposals, build prototypes, and then participate in a live pitch before a panel of funders and technologists. Up to three projects will be invited to participate as members of QC’s new Technology Incubator.
This course is open to the entire college community: all majors, undergraduates, graduates, and faculty. Class size is limited to 15. Participation in this course is by instructor permission only.
Email email@example.com with a paragraph about your idea or the need you want to address, and one paragraph about yourself. Teams are welcome. If you’re a developer or coder, you can register without your own idea, and partner with another student during the semester.
Greenhouse is looking for its first Graphic Design Intern!
This is a great opportunity to get your feet wet at at one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work and report directly to our Associate Creative Director. Our Design team is part of our larger Marketing department but cross-departmentally supports recruiting, sales, and customer success visual and branding efforts. This internship will expose you to the in’s and out’s of all those initiatives.
As a Graphic Design Intern you’ll execute our branded assets across digital systems, driving creative ideas to push our brand in new, interesting directions, while still being rooted in the original concept. Your focus will be building brand experiences through ad creatives, email campaigns, social assets, event campaigns, and more.
We are looking for a part-time intern (15-20 hours / week for 3 months) over the Summer semester. If this sounds like an exciting learning opportunity, send us your resume and portfolio!
- Enjoy working collaboratively with a creative team, but also know how to follow design direction.
- Demonstrate excellent visual taste and are highly proficient in multiple tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc).
- Design without ego and are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Have acute knowledge of typography, visual trends, and design history.
- Would enjoy working on a high-impact, small team.
- Currently enrolled in or soon to graduate from an accredited college or university.
- Relevant internship experience or a track record of Graphic Design academic work.
- Part-time availability for three months this summer.
Your internship responsibilities:
- Supporting & Social Assets: put a stake in the ground for our digital campaigns that helps support the marketing and sales teams.
- Social Media: establish documentation for social media assets– when to post, what to post, the visual bar, etc.
- Asset Library: manage image library for design & marketing teams to use for blog posts and supporting documents.
- Event Campaigns: support the event team with cool & creative concepts across social, advertising, and email platforms.
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we take care of our employees, and it shows. We’re proud to say that Greenhouse was named Glassdoor’s #1 Best Place to Work in 2016, as well as Crain’s New York Business’s 2015 and 2016 Best Places to Work! We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture, including company get-togethers like our monthly CEO “Ask Me Anything” and All Hands meetings. We are a distributed company with offices in New York and San Francisco. Check us out on Glassdoor where we have outstanding reviews by current employees and candidates alike!
Our philosophy is to empower ourselves and each other to do the best work of our careers. Come join us!
DEPARTMENT NAME: Branding
INTERN SUPERVISOR: Graphic Designer
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: Minimum of Three (3) Months or 1 Semester
3.1 Phillip Lim is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and creative graphic design intern to join our creative team at our NYC office. Must be able to intern at least 3 days per week.
Responsibilities will include assistance with:
– Designing print collateral and other offline pieces (invites, announcements, packaging)
– Designing presentations, layouts and mock-ups from briefs
– Developing digital assets (emails, web pages, social media)
– Researching inspiration imagery
– Creating mood boards, sketches and design explorations
– Executing creative concepts
– Working on revisions from design team and departmental feedback
– Create production ready files
– Photo Shoot production and merchandise coordination
– A Portfolio of self-curated and revelant work
– Ability to articulate ideas graphically
– Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite ( Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
– Knowledge of HTML and (insert editing program here)a plus
– Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at once in a fast paced deadline driven environment
– A passion for design, and a constant drive to learn, have a “challenger spirit”
– Ability to take constructive criticism
– Team Player, a collaborative work ethic, comfortable collaborating in a positive manner
– REliable and organized, with excellent time management and communication skills
– Must be working towards a BA/BS/BFA degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Job Description:
Women’s Health magazine is currently looking for an enthusiastic design intern for the Summer 2017 semester. This would be a PAID internship lasting 11 weeks from June 5th to August 18th. A commitment of 30 hours a week is required. Duties include assisting the art department with daily tasks, designing layouts for front-of-book and back-of-book sections, and maintaining and updating the art wall room. Must be proficient in InDesign.
- Position: Internship
- Area of Focus: Design
- City: New York City
- Region: NYC tri-state
- Duration: Part-time
- Benefits: Paid internship
- Company: Women’s Health, Rodale
- Contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name: Trevor Williams
- How to Apply: Please send your cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com, with “Design Intern” in the subject line.
- Job Requirements: Candidates should have an interest in magazine publishing and must be proficient in Adobe InDesign. The ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, strong communication skills, ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently. Hand lettering, illustrations, and Photoshop skills are a plus.
Vince is a leading contemporary fashion brand best known for modern effortless style and everyday luxury essentials. Established in 2002, the brand now offers a wide range of women’s and men’s apparel, women’s and men’s footwear. Vince products are sold in prestigious locations worldwide, including approximately 2,500 points of distribution across 38 countries. With corporate headquarters in New York and its design studio in Los Angeles, the Company has 40 company-operated full-price retail stores, 14 company-operated outlet stores, an e-commerce site, and in international business with a showroom in Paris.
Vince is searching for talent to contribute to the future development of the brand who have passion, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. As a company, we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, opportunities for growth and development, a customer focused culture, a community to “give-back”, and competitive pay and benefits.
The Graphic Design Intern will work very closely with the Vince Marketing team and report to the Graphic Designer.
- Work closely with Art Director, Graphic Designer and e-commerce team to maintain the weekly upkeep of vince.com by assisting in updating web creative deck, keeping calendar in order for emails, homepages, editorials etc
- Ensure communication is passed off inter departments in a timely manner, assist in trafficking projects that need multiple sign offs for deadlines
- Coordinate with e-commerce team to pass off assets, maintain and organize server and database for multiple departments to be able to access and utlitize assets
- Assist the Graphic Designer by taking on special projects, assist in designing collateral, and promotional pieces for retail and wholesale such as: store emails, cash wrap displays and in-store signage, light boxes, E-Vites
- Assist Copywriter by passing along copy assets to the e-commerce team, keep copy database organized and easily accessible for all teams
- Must be working towards a BA/BFA degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s program at an accredited college or university
- Must be 18 years or older
- Effective project management skills are necessary
- Computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email
- Social media skills to include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Self motivated, ability to multi- task, critical thinking, problem solving skills, initiative, drive, common sense, creativity and flexibility are essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge, and knowledge of code etc
This is a paid temporary role. Temporary employees do not receive vacation, sick time, holiday pay or personal time.
Vince is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V