The Internship Program is designed to provide students with practical work experience while gaining invaluable knowledge in their field of study, area of interest or a part of the business or operations offering exposure to a new area to explore and experience. Interns are given the opportunity to do project-driven work or handle day to day tasks that will enhance both their educational and professional development. In addition to their individual tasks, they have the following activities and opportunities to meet with fellow interns, and learn from senior members, as well as the President of BBC Worldwide:
- Intern Orientation – Conducted at the onset of the Internship. This provides each Intern with the opportunity to network with other BBC Worldwide interns while learning about BBC Worldwide.
- Breakfast/Lunch with the President – An opportunity to meet our President and get to hear firsthand perspective on our business and leadership experiences.
- Lunch and Learns – Information sessions with a senior member of BBC Worldwide to learn about different areas of the business.
BBC StoryWorks is looking for a star intern to join our team. Intern will have an opportunity will work with the team to design, ideate and translate advertising partners’ marketing and branding needs into custom solutions (content, creative, events and more) across BBC’s digital channels. BBC StoryWorks works with a broad range of advertising partners spanning tech, travel, auto, consumer products and more. This is an opportunity to gain experience with BBC’s commercial content, and to collaborate across editorial, content, and design teams to develop exciting digital solutions. We’re looking for a someone with a passion for brands, design, and innovative ideas in the digital space, who will thrive in fast-paced, team environments.
- Design BBC sales decks and proposals that will be pitched out to prospective digital advertising partners across multiple industries.
- Create graphics and mocks for presentations in PowerPoint, snagit or other basic design program
- Design guide sheets and documentation around various campaign elements based on company policy (events, product placements, social media amplification, etc.)
- Participate in ideation for custom commercial content solutions across BBC.com properties (BBC World News, BBC Travel, BBC Culture, BBC Earth, BBC Capital, BBC Future, Top Gear, Good Food)
- Engage with counterparts in our various global sales offices (London, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.) to learn about BBC editorial properties and commercial policies
- Track and update editorial content calendars for our BBC.com properties
- Track competitor campaigns and industry insights to learn about other branded content being created in the digital space
- Research upcoming industry events, current and up-and-coming digital influencers in multiple fields, and track other industry-related news
- Must be rising senior or junior (previous internship experience preferred)
- Major in Graphic Design, Marketing, Advertising, Digital Media or related focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of digital and social media.
- PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a must.
- Design skills (photoshop, snagit or other program) or eye for design and presentation
Send a copy of your cover letter and resume with link to portfolio to BBCWA.InternRequests@bbc.com, subject line “BBC Summer 2016 Internship, (Name of Internship Position).” In your cover letter, please specify which department(s) you are applying for, verify if you are eligible for college/academic credit and advise the days you are available to work.
PLEASE NOTE: Students must be able to receive academic credit for the unpaid internships. For Summer internships, we request a full weekday of availability.
BBC Worldwide Americas offers NYC students a monthly TransitChek card of $116.50 to assist with travel costs.