Fall 2020 Virtual Intern – HBO Max Growth Marketing Design
The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max is home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
As the Design Intern, Growth Marketing for HBO Max, you will get the chance to assist in driving the operational success for the creative and visual execution of WarnerMedia’s new streaming service, as well as the production and execution of marketing campaigns promoting it. The Design Intern will be focused on visual design, content creative design and typography. You will work in content design that brings campaigns and creative to life. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively and hands-on with innovative Designers, Project Managers, Content Strategists, and Copywriters to conceptualize and execute visual creative concepts for HBO Max. You will be bringing great design to life under the guidance of experienced, creative leadership in a quick-paced learning environment, learning hands on from the best talent in the business.
- Your day to day will involve visual designs, content creative designs, active participation in creative briefings, assist in the development and execution of creative concepts (both independently and with the team.
- You want to grow a knowledge base of digital and social platforms, as well as their use within growth marketing that will ultimately impact the big picture, and have a taste for it now.
- Work on digital HBO Max campaigns to craft high quality, compelling marketing materials in a variety landing pages, web banners, emails, print, social media and mobile using various customer communication touchpoints, including motion, animation and video.
- Under the guidance of leadership, execute on consumer facing touchpoints for growth marketing including but not limited to email, social, hbomax.com, experiential and in-app.
- Responsible for ensuring artwork is ready for review by Senior Designer.
- Stay up to date on the latest design and industry trends.
- Passion for creating beautiful, pixel perfect visual designs that convey comprehensive skill of color palettes to bring campaigns and creative to life with a budding portfolio that demonstrates a strong foundational eye.
- Opportunity to develop and/or strengthen presentation skills for pitching to design leadership and/or key business stakeholders.
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a design-focused program, BFA and art school students a plus.
- Strong sense of visual design and typography.
- Visually strong portfolio not only showcasing a strong eye, but also strong storytelling and problem-solving abilities.
- An energetic, positive and roll up your sleeve attitude.
- A love of television and social media, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends.
- An excitement for operations and a thirst to do more with less, to work smarter not harder.
- The ability to synthesize a lot of information to distill root cause and make informed decisions to mitigate risk.
- Familiarity with design software, from Adobe Suite to emerging tools such as Figma and Sketch.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
The Fall 2020 program dates are October 19th through December 4th. The internship will be a full remote/virtual experience. Most internships will provide a company owned laptop for the duration of the internship program. Interns are paid a competitive wage based on team/bureau location and relocation is not provided as the program is fully remote/virtual. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in college or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.