Dear Queens College Student,
I encourage you to apply for the following leadership opportunity for the arts.
“Achieving Diversity: Arts Administration Leadership Project” is a new arts administration leadership initiative at Queens College. This project establishes elite and individually-tailored career support for a diverse group of students at Queens College who aspire to leadership in the arts.
The project has five crucial components: mentoring, internship opportunities with academic credits, group career discussions, cultural performances and exhibition visits (through support from CUNYArts and CUNY Cultural Corps), and Queens College Arts Festival engagement. Each participant will gain professional guidance from industry experts, obtain hands-on training through experiential learning, and achieve career competency with compelling leadership skills.
Implementing Diversity: Arts Administration Leadership Project will offer dynamic and comprehensive career support to a diverse group students who aspire to succeed in the field of arts administration. The program aims to provide individually-tailored career guidance, internship and networking opportunities, and leadership skills to students. The program will run from February through May of 2019.
How to apply: Please submit the following material to HireQC:
- Submit an essay explaining your career vision and aspiration (800 words maximum)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current resume
Upload documents at HIREQC 1) resume and 2) A separate document with your recommendation and essay scanned into ONE document.
Candidates later will be invited to an interview before the final selection.
- Log on to HireQC select the Internship Tab then “Achieving Diversity: Arts Administration Leadership Project Arts administration Leadership Project” (Log in with QC Username “jdoe101”)
- Save resume as your (First Name Last Name)
- Save your essay as First Name Last Name Stipend 2018, example (Virginia Frese Stipend 2018)
- Save your recommendation First Name Last Name Recommendation, example (Virginia Frese Recommendation)
- Then upload all documents in HireQC
- Select submit
The application deadline is extended to Friday, December 14, 2018 at 5PM.
Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated interest in issues related to diverse and marginalized communities as measured by the candidate’s activities, academic concentration(s) and/or letters of recommendation.
Contact Jane Cho, Director of Administration, Aaron Copland School of Music