Job ID 426130BR
Location New York, New York, United States
Job Posting Company Marvel
Job Posting Area Marvel
We are looking for a qualified intern to join the Global Creative Services team this summer. Our interns help develop consumer products style guides and content for Marvel branded franchises. This is a graphic design focused position. Our interns work as designers with the Creative Services team on projects that will use the skills they have learned as students. It is a chance to gain real-world design experience with an elite group of professionals on a globally recognized brand. There are few better places for a graphic design student spend their internship.
Our interns work alongside our designers and are given as much responsibility as they show they can handle. They will be asked to help develop and rework designs, prepare files, retouch art, create functional icons, design custom badges, patterns and borders, and help produce branding, packaging and retail signage. They will also apply designs to images of retail products. We try to assign projects geared toward an intern’s strengths that also help to develop and add new skills they will need to build a successful career in graphic design.
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic students that have 2-3 years of experience working with Photoshop and Illustrator.
To qualify for this position applicants must be able to provide portfolio samples that demonstrate their ability to work with these Creative Suite programs. It is strongly suggested that you provide a link to an online portfolio.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must be available during the months of May through August.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Must be enrolled as a full-time student in a visual arts or graphic design-related major.
We expect our interns to know Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop well enough that they can contribute as a designer and therefore get the most out of their time here. It is highly recommended that you have at least 2 or 3 years of training before you apply.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.