Job ID 427885BR
Location New York, New York, United States
Job Posting Company Marvel
Job Posting Area Marvel
Date posted 02/21/2017
The Digital Comics intern will assist with the following responsibilities:
- Help create books for digital download
- Help create books for Marvel Entertainment digital comics reader
- Redesign cover images
- Create in house ads for marvel digital comics
- Check the quality for digitally created books and files
The ideal intern candidate will have knowledge of Adobe Suite programs. PHOTOSHOP, INDESIGN, ILLUSTRATOR. A keen sense for design. Great listening skills and will work well with the digital team. Should be always on time and open to learning new ways to use the Adobe programs for completing digital comics for Marvel comics.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must be available during the months of May through August.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Majoring in illustration and/or graphic design.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.