Interaction Design Intern
Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Interaction Design Intern
Interaction Design Intern – New York Studio
Start Date: 6/11/18
End Date: 8/17/18
We are looking for exceptional interns to join our creative teams. Interns are treated like full time employees in the studio and work on active programs with project teams. The summer internships are paid and run for 10 weeks.
For an application to be considered, please submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (at least 3 pieces of work)
Deadline: Completed applications must be received by 11:59 PM PST, March 11, 2018.
Interaction Designers at frog wear many hats- from design analyst and researcher, to user experience designer, systemic thinker, and information architect. They are curious designers who, from the very beginning of a program, ask “who are we designing for and why?” They have a strong passion for and understanding of user-centered design processes and interaction design principles. They are skilled researchers and detail oriented designers who are passionate about meeting the needs of the user.
- Participate in product / service research, ideation, and conceptual development.
- Support building behaviorial analysis, user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Design and specify information architecture, microinteractions, and user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, competitive audits, market research, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Produce personas, ecosystem diagrams, customer journey maps, flowcharts, wireframes,annotations, prototypes, and design specifications.
- Effectively synthesize and communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and through execution.
- Work closely with strategy and design technology teams to ensure that design requirements are achieved.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers.
Someone who is passionate about user-centered design who has a desire to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- Currently enrolled in, or graduate of a relevant user experience design/HCI program (either graduate or undergraduate).
- Core interaction design principles and skills including concept sketching, creating interaction models, wireframing, developing information architecture, and flow mapping.
- Passion for user-centered interface design particularly as applied to web-based applications and consumer electronics.
- Comfortable with design software for wireframing and prototyping (Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, Axure, etc), with an ability to come up to speed with new emerging technologies quickly.
- Experience with design research, coding, and video production a plus.
- Passionate, detail oriented, hard working, self motivated, and proactive.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Must be able to work both on a team and independently.
- A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people.