Internship assignments are designed as real-world, real-contribution experiences. This is an excellent opportunity for college students or recent college graduates!
The Communications department is responsible for internal and external communications to union members, providers, and employers. The department handles all aspects of member communications including, elements from writing to design, and production to launch. The Graphic Design Intern may be involved in various aspects of the Communications department such as:
- Work closely with staff on various design projects
- Learn how to design within the parameters of brand identity
- Learn how to and help make files press ready
- Learn to create packaging for communications materials
- Use InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator to create print, digital and web graphics
- College undergraduate student currently enrolled in their Sophomore, Junior or Senior year with a Communications, Design, Graphic Design or related major. Or a recent college graduate with a degree in Communications, Design, Graphic Design or related major.
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills required
- Ability to work 21 hours per week; flexible hours Mon-Fri (9-5pm)
- Retouching, editing videos in Premiere Pro and branding skills are a plus
- Team player, self-starter, ability to multi-task, detail oriented with strong organizational skills and professional demeanor
Note: Student work schedule will be set to accommodate class schedule. Only accepting college undergraduate applications.