Possible is looking for a creative, talented, and entrepreneurial Graphic Design Intern who will champion our belief that great design creates dignity.
The Graphic Design Intern should see himself/herself as a brand ambassador ready to support the organization’s design-oriented work by working closely as part of our creative team. You are enthusiastic about designing Possible’s visual communications for print, web, and social media, while taking the initiative to learn time-saving shortcuts and become a master of formatting and styles in InDesign. You take direction well and execute with excellent attention to detail, without the need for constant supervision. You are eager to own your projects and you’re reliable.
You should have a strong visual portfolio displaying a variety of design work. You multitask and organize your work to manage your time efficiently. You welcome constructive criticism, learn from your mistakes, and use them to produce beautiful work. You’re entrepreneurial and thrive in fast-growth environments with significant freedom and responsibility.
1. Strong Design & Production Skills: We need someone with the ability to follow our style guide and with knowledge of typography, layout, and color. these skills are necessary for an intern to work both independently and to provide general support to both the Creative and Marketing Directors.
2. Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator Skills: It’s crucial to the role to be well-versed in the design programs we use to create social media graphics, infographics, and reports.
3. Excellent Attention to Detail in a Deadline-Driven Environment: We produce a lot of work, and fast. You must be able to be briefed on a project and quickly present multiple options with little error in a timely fashion.
4. Great Communicator: A large part of this role will not only be designing for social media, but also working with multiple departments around the globe. You must be professional and comfortable communicating communicating across our team and externally.
5. Ambition: We need you to be self-motivated, able to prioritize and manage your workflow well, and meet critical project deadlines. The right person will have enthusiasm and interest in our work.
Big 3 Responsibilities:
Provide general support to both the Creative and Marketing Directors.
Assist in design and production of the organization’s visual communications.
Monitor and execute cross-team design requests.
Intern can expect to learn
The Graphic Design Intern will work closely with our Creative Director and be chiefly responsible for the following work:
1. Visual Communications
• Assist with the design and layout of marketing materials, web and social media graphics, quarterly impact reports, slide decks, and infographics.
• Photoshopping and formatting images for digital and print projects.
2. Project Management
• Learn and utilize a simple and efficient project management tool, Asana.
• Adhere to the Dropbox storage system when organizing design content, so our fast-paced environment runs smoothly.
3. Collaborate & Iterate
• Collaborate with the marketing department and support campaigns with design solutions.
• Engage with cross-department teams to create internal graphic design projects and initiatives.
• Support and contribute to the evolution of Possible’s visual identity.
Applications are being accepted on an immediate, rolling basis. The position will begin in late May/early June and continue through the summer, with the possibility of extension into the fall.
Show, don’t tell. Include a portfolio of your work in addition to your CV or LinkedIn profile (preferred). We are being purposefully vague in our explanation here. Please send us whatever format (or combination of formats) best exemplifies your work that can be reviewed in less than 10 minutes.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
What happens after submission?
If we are interested, your submission will be responded to within 10 days. Please note that due to a large volume of applications, your application may not be responded to. If your application is advanced, we will ask immediately to set up an initial 20-minute phone interview to initiate the interview process.