BBC StoryWorks is the creative studio with newsroom values – an agile content marketing and production agency within BBC Worldwide that embodies the BBC’s creative spark and rigorous editorial quality to help brands connect to audiences through beautifully crafted storytelling.
BBC StoryWorks North America is looking for a dynamic intern with graphic design experience to join our team for the Spring 2017 semester. Intern will help design marketing and sales collateral, as well as create mock-up designs of new creative digital content ideas to be introduced to our advertising partners. This will be an opportunity to gain experience with the commercial and editorial content of a trusted global brand, collaborating across editorial, sales, and product teams to develop exciting digital solutions for the BBC’s advertising partners in North America. We’re looking for a someone with a passion for digital design and an interest in the marketing and advertising space, who will thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Assist in the design and development of creative proposal decks for both RFP responses and proactive pitches to clients across a wide range of industries, including tech, travel, auto, finance, consumer products, and more.
• Create graphics and mock content pages to illustrate new creative concepts that will be introduced to the market
• Develop one page guides on various content and event offerings that can be shared on both internal and external channels
• Conduct competitor analysis of creative native advertising campaigns and industry insights across publishers in the US and provide regular updates to the team
• Track and update editorial content calendars and reference documents
• Participate in brainstorming and ideation for custom commercial content solutions across BBC.com properties (BBC World News, BBC Travel, BBC Culture, BBC Earth, BBC Capital, BBC Future, Top Gear, Good Food)
• Become familiar with BBC editorial and commercial policies
• Conduct research on relevant industry events, influencers, and other topics to assist the team during pitch deck preparation periods.
• Must be rising junior or senior (previous internship experience preferred)
• Major in Graphic Design, Visual Studies, or related focus. Marketing and Advertising concentrations are a plus.
• Experience with Photoshop, Snagit, or other design programs, with an eye for visual layouts, fonts, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of digital and social media.
• Experience with PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Preference for design skills (photoshop, snagit or other program) or eye for design and presentation
Send a copy of your cover letter and resume with a link to your on-line portfolio to BBCWA.InternRequests@bbc.com, subject line “BBC Fall 2017 Internship, (Name of Internship Position).” In your cover letter, please specify which department you are applying for, verify if you are eligible for college/academic credit and advise the days you are available to work.
PLEASE NOTE: Students must be able to receive academic credit for the unpaid internships. For Fall internships, we request two to three full days of availability.
BBC Worldwide Americas offers NYC students a monthly Transit Chek card of $121 to assist with travel costs.