Maimonides Medical Center – Brooklyn, NY
Graphic Designer/Multimedia Coordinator
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy as part of the External Affairs marketing team.
- Designs brochures and flyers for promotion and handouts at events.
- Creates invitations, signage and digital collateral for events.
- Creates print, digital ads for SEM and traditional advertising campaigns.
- Assists in the creation of print ads and posters
- Designs and handles internal email memos and eNewsletter production and distribution.
- Assists with the creation and development of infographics, multimedia, and other online content.
- Designs, monitors and updates signage for digital screens throughout the hospital and off-site locations.
- Regularly updates website carousel banners.
- Assists in web content updating using internal and vendor CMS
- Creates PowerPoint presentations
Works with the Social Media Manager to assist in the management of the Maimonides YouTube channel.
- Monitors bulletin boards and ensures that corridors and hallways are consistent with branding standards.
- Willingness to train to develop basic photography and multimedia editing skills. (Training provided by MMC)
- Coursework, Certificate, A.S or B.S. degree in Graphic Design, Digital/Multimedia, Communications, Visual Communications, or related field.
- 1-3 years of business experience or recent graduate with solid internship experience.
- Strong design experience with superb attention to detail and quality control.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience or willingness to learn Final Cut Pro or similar multimedia editing software
- Understanding of the interplay between traditional design, video content, web marketing and other marketing vehicles.
- Team player who can build effective working relationships, is detail-oriented, and ready to roll up his/her sleeves
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative and drive, and the ability to translate and move plans into action.
- Ability to deliver clear messaging in a focused, innovative and current manner.
- Highly organized, with a strong ability to manage multiple projects in a complex environment.
- Photography, videography, and editing experience helpful, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Collaborative, strong communicator and listener with sensitivity to multiple styles and perspectives, who is able to build and foster strong relationships with diverse constituencies.
- Knowledge/understanding of the health or health-related industries will be helpful.
- Some experience with HTML helpful, but not required.
Please send resumes and links to portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention you were referred by Queens College and the TechClub.