Two things Grey has been doing since 1917: hiring forceful, energetic innovators with diverse skill sets and points of view who can put ideas into motion that lead to results, and creating famously effective work. That’s no coincidence.
Smart, quick, highly motivated business-savvy people have been the backbone of Grey’s famously effective work for almost a hundred years. They are the drivers of business and creative performance that at this point in Grey’s long history have never better. Our work for DirecTV and Canon has won a total of 11 Cannes Lions in the past two years. Febreze, which won four Lions in that same time, also was awarded four Effies including two global ones. In fact, the agency’s award performance has never been better, and neither has our clients’ businesses; more than 4/5 of them reported positive growth last year. That is Famously Effective at its best.
Of course none of this could have happened without the diverse talent roster we have in place and we are continuing to look for the best talent to join us in 2018. That’s why we continue to need drivers—people who can help move the agency further on the trajectory of success.
At Grey, we believe that everyone has creative ideas and we’d love to hear yours! Grey has been famously effective since 1917, and this is your chance to see just why. Take the opportunity to work in one of the following areas: Account Management, Creative, New Business, Digital, Strategy, Activation & PR or Wing. Work closely with some of the sharpest minds in the industry and get your ideas heard. Most of all absorb the idea-driven creative environment and enjoy an internship that might just change your life.
If you’re ready to dive into the dynamic world of advertising, intern with us at Grey.
The 2018 Summer Internship Program is a unique ten-week opportunity to work hands on within one of Grey’s dynamic departments. You will have the opportunity to assist teams on a variety of projects and interact with world-class professionals who are experts in their chosen field. The program also includes weekly seminars designed to give you a whole rounded view of Advertising and being at an agency. You will also work with fellow colleagues on a final project to be presented to senior level management as part of a culminating experience.
The online application process will be open as of January 1st. Candidates must submit ALL required materials to be eligible for consideration. If there is a match, you will be contacted by someone from our Talent Team.
Requirements and Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Applicants must submit a cover letter to accompany their application along with a written recommendation letter from a previous supervisor, manager or professor.
- Submit a writing sample of 500 words or less on any campaign that you think is both famous and effective (it does NOT have to be Grey specific). Write a detailed analysis, providing insight on the strategy, target, benefit and support points.
- Submit a response to the following question – If hired as an intern at Grey, what mark would you leave on the company?
- Must be currently enrolled in a BA program as a Junior or Senior
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- Proven effective communication skills
- Working knowledge of departments within an agency
- Solid internal & external relationship building & partnering
- Knowledge and/or experience in the digital space is preferred
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for the industry by keeping up with latest news, trends, etc.
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash and Html may be required for internships in Creative
- Proficiency in Spanish may be required for internships within Grey Wing
- Verification of your prior employment and educational information, satisfactory results from our reference and background checks, and verification of your identity and right to work in the United States.
Grey Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Must attach resume, letters of recommendation, response to question and writing sample,