The New Group, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theaters, is seeking a full-time Marketing Fellow to assist with the creation of digital and print content for institutional and production-specific marketing needs. The New Group is an award winning, artist-driven company with a commitment to developing and producing powerful, contemporary theater. In addition to producing four annual productions, the organization’s New Group/New Works play and musical development program champions original works by emerging and established authors. The New Group also operates a variety of theater education programs that provide opportunities for artistically inclined high school, college, and adult students.
In addition to the specific fellowship description below, the Marketing Fellow will become part of The New Group team in the following ways in order to expand the breadth of their understanding of how a non-profit theatre operates:
- Participate in weekly departmental and staff meetings
- Attend and provide event support for Opening Nights, fundraising benefits and other special events
- Invitations to one-on-one sessions with senior staff members to gain perspective in other aspects of the organization
- Additional mentorship and coaching by Founding Artistic Director Scott Elliott and Executive Director Adam Bernstein
- Resume guidance, job search strategies, and interview preparation
- Introductions to external industry networks in chosen fields to help cultivate relationships for future employment opportunities
- Designing materials for New Group productions, programs and events
- Assisting with creating content, graphics and managing the upkeep of The New Group’s website
- Gathering content and designing eblasts
- Manage the social media calendar and helping to create content
- Help with tracking and analyzing social media and website statistics and insights in order to implement adjustments based on findings • Assists with other marketing duties as assigned
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work and collaborate with a diverse range of people
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Fellowship compensation is $13 per hour ($15 per hour as of January 1) for a 30-hour week plus a local Metrocard. Position begins in November 2018 with a minimum commitment through June 2019.
The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an E.O.E. and people of color, immigrants, differently abled, transgender and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the Marketing Fellowship and why you are the ideal candidate along with at least three work samples or a link to an online portfolio. Please attach a resume and provide three references and email to: Fellowships@TheNewGroup.org. In the subject line of the e-mail, please write Marketing Fellowship.
No phone calls please. For more information on The New Group, please visit: www.thenewgroup.org