Lippincott is looking for a hands-on junior designer with strong animation, interaction and motion design skills to join our team. You will work as part of a broader design team to bring brand stories to life through animation and motion; UI and IA design The ideal candidate will be an excellent multi-disciplinary designer with a strong motion graphics focus. They must also be willing to work across other medium in a collaborative environment.
- Assist in producing and coordinating design and animation audits
- Conduct and organize background research on identity as it relates at movement and animation
- With assistance, develop preliminary concepts into refined, comprehensive design solutions that captures a brand’s essence in an animated form
- Help in the development of storyboards for motion concepts as well as the editing of video material
- Assist in producing client presentations
- Assist in gathering materials for case studies
- Demonstrated creative ability through a strong design portfolio across a range of static, dynamic and interactive media
- Demonstrate high quality/accuracy in design standards
- Ability to apply basic educational principles to creative work
- Strong technical abilities in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong technical abilities in motion/film editing software such as After Effects and Cinema 4D a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to set priorities and manage time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Ability to constructively participate as part of a project team
- Demonstrate a true passion for design and branding
- Desire to proactively seek constructive feedback
- Willingness and enthusiasm toward extending knowledge about technology/media, production process, design applications and working methods
The internship is a full time paid position for a period of 16 weeks (with some flexibility for students requiring a shorter internship period). Recent graduates and current students are encouraged to apply. Please ensure that you submit your online portfolio along with your application.