Marvel is looking for a qualified graphic design intern to join their team. The department works on various types of design projects from web banners, logo design, and advertising design as well as development and design of assets for all of the conventions that Marvel attends. The department works with all departments within the Marvel organization, so a chance to be creative is vast. Students applying for this design internship should have knowledge of current versions of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and a willingness to learn. The ability take creative direction is a definite plus! Portfolio samples are also suggested to demonstrate design ability.
This role will assist in the design and creation of various pieces of Publishing marketing including Print House Ads and web marketing including re-skins, website banner units, social media campaigns, etc. It will also work with PR teams on the creation of Convention Presentations. Finally, it will work directly with the Merchandising & Promotions Production Designer and the Sr. Manager of Merchandising & Promotions to design logos, branding, and trade dress for Publishing events.
Strong understanding of basic design fundamentals and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Experience in Excel, Keynote & Flash a plus. Website portfolio or PDF required.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must be available during the months of September through December.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Prospective intern should be in Junior or Senior year with a Major or Minor in Graphic Design / Visual Communication.
Enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.