McCann NY 2018 – Summer Internship
New York City, NY
Get ready to roll up your sleeves and be immersed in the fast-paced, ever-changing, incredibly fun world of advertising! During this 10-week program, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the advertising business, work collaboratively in teams to solve a business challenge, create an integrated marketing campaign for a current or prospective client, and truly be valued as a junior member of your team.
You will take part in weekly Learn & Lunch sessions, starting with an exploration of the various departments within McCann. Additionally, you will participate in many training programs offered to McCann employees. Interns that successfully complete the program will be considered for full-time positions upon graduation. For more information and to learn more about us, please visit www.mccannny.com.
Who you will be
- Must be a rising senior, graduating senior, or graduate school student
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrate a passion and desire to be in advertising
- Creative, collaborative and innovative thinker
- Enthusiastic and organized
- Strong writing and presentation skills a must
- Relevant MS Office experience required
- Knowledge of the digital landscape and social media
- Prior internship experience in a related field a plus
- For creative internships, a creative portfolio is required, as well as intermediate knowledge and the ability to work in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is required for Design and Art Direction interns
How to apply for this internship
- 1) Fill out a formal application online at https://mccanncareers.silkroad.com/
- 2) In a short paragraph, please answer the following question: “What brand plays a meaningful role in your life, and why?” Please be sure to attach it to your online application.
- 3) Create a 30 second video that answers the question: “What would you bring to the table if you were to intern at McCann?” Please upload your video to YouTube and provide the URL in your application so that we can access and view it. You can create the video in any style you’d like, have fun with it!
If you have a department preference, please let us know. For more information about the different departments within an agency and how they function, please visit http://aef.com/building-talent/industry-roles/:
- Account Management
- Project Management
- New Business
- Human Resources
- Art Direction
- Integrated Production
The Application Deadline is March 15, 2018.
We look forward to all of your responses, and promise to read them all! Due to the high volume of applicants, we kindly request your patience during this process. Final decisions will be made by April 15, 2018.
Please note: Applications without the short inspiration paragraph, a video and a portfolio (for Creative intern candidates only) will not be accepted.
McCann New York is the headquarters of McCann Worldwide, one of the world’s largest advertising agency networks with operations in over 120 countries. The agency opened in 1912 with Truth Well Told as its founding — and enduring — creative philosophy. As we have enhanced this strategy-based creative approach to keep it relevant in today’s multichannel brand communications world, we have strengthened our ability to unearth consumer insights, highlight behavioral brand truths, and create innovative multiplatform experiences that help our clients’ brands play a meaningful role in consumers’ lives.
McCann is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer
Participant in E-Verify
Job LocationNew York, New York, United States