Tomorrow is the final day for the first annual Rarebit Animation Festival at the Kingsborough Art Museum. Find out more and enter for free here: http://www.kccgallery.org/rarebit-animation-festival.html
For anyone with a product idea who wants to develop it further and get credit for it as an ARTS370 class…
Tech Development Lab
MDST 381 – undergrad
Fall 2017 – Wednesdays, 2p-4:50p.
In this studio course, digital pioneer Douglas Rushkoff will help participants bring their own technology concepts from the idea stage to full proposals and prototypes. Each week, guest industry experts will help students explore precedents and influences, choose platforms, develop user scenarios, determine market fit, write wireframes, evaluate social, economic, and environmental impact, prepare and rehearse proposals, build prototypes, and then participate in a live pitch before a panel of funders and technologists. Up to three projects will be invited to participate as members of QC’s new Technology Incubator.
This course is open to the entire college community: all majors, undergraduates, graduates, and faculty. Class size is limited to 15. Participation in this course is by instructor permission only.
Email email@example.com with a paragraph about your idea or the need you want to address, and one paragraph about yourself. Teams are welcome. If you’re a developer or coder, you can register without your own idea, and partner with another student during the semester.
The richness of the City University of NewYork (CUNY) is defined by who we are: the most diverse University-system in the nation. CUNY’s history and our future is built around opening the doors of higher education to all students from across the globe who strive to learn, study and share knowledge.
SHARE YOUR CREATIVE DEPICTION OF THE SIGNIFICANCE OF CUNY’S DIVERSITY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN:
GRAND PRIZE $1500
FIRST HONORABLE $1000
SECOND HONORABLE $750
THIRD HONORABLE $250
See attached PDF for Details
This coming Sunday, April 23, Queens Memory is hosting an afternoon of story-telling and creativity at the Queens Museum. Join us from 2 to 5 pm for hands-on activities exploring the themes of migration and diversity in Queens!
Undergraduate students from the Design program at Queens College have created a collaborative banner that says “I Live Here” in some of the borough’s many spoken and written languages.
Activities at the event include finding your community on our giant puzzle map of Queens, writing a love letter to your neighborhood, and have a free portrait taken! The activities will be led by Bridget Bartolini of the Five Boro Story Project, Fernanda Espinosa of People’s Collective Arts/Colectivo de Arte Popular, and Annabel Short, creator of the 30th Ave: A Year in the Life of a Street blog. The event is free and open to the public.
There will also display archival photos relating to the history of diversity in Queens. This event is the culminating celebration of our NEH-funded “50 Years of Integration” series of community history events.
Greenhouse is looking for its first Graphic Design Intern!
This is a great opportunity to get your feet wet at at one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work and report directly to our Associate Creative Director. Our Design team is part of our larger Marketing department but cross-departmentally supports recruiting, sales, and customer success visual and branding efforts. This internship will expose you to the in’s and out’s of all those initiatives.
As a Graphic Design Intern you’ll execute our branded assets across digital systems, driving creative ideas to push our brand in new, interesting directions, while still being rooted in the original concept. Your focus will be building brand experiences through ad creatives, email campaigns, social assets, event campaigns, and more.
We are looking for a part-time intern (15-20 hours / week for 3 months) over the Summer semester. If this sounds like an exciting learning opportunity, send us your resume and portfolio!
- Enjoy working collaboratively with a creative team, but also know how to follow design direction.
- Demonstrate excellent visual taste and are highly proficient in multiple tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc).
- Design without ego and are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Have acute knowledge of typography, visual trends, and design history.
- Would enjoy working on a high-impact, small team.
- Currently enrolled in or soon to graduate from an accredited college or university.
- Relevant internship experience or a track record of Graphic Design academic work.
- Part-time availability for three months this summer.
Your internship responsibilities:
- Supporting & Social Assets: put a stake in the ground for our digital campaigns that helps support the marketing and sales teams.
- Social Media: establish documentation for social media assets– when to post, what to post, the visual bar, etc.
- Asset Library: manage image library for design & marketing teams to use for blog posts and supporting documents.
- Event Campaigns: support the event team with cool & creative concepts across social, advertising, and email platforms.
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we take care of our employees, and it shows. We’re proud to say that Greenhouse was named Glassdoor’s #1 Best Place to Work in 2016, as well as Crain’s New York Business’s 2015 and 2016 Best Places to Work! We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture, including company get-togethers like our monthly CEO “Ask Me Anything” and All Hands meetings. We are a distributed company with offices in New York and San Francisco. Check us out on Glassdoor where we have outstanding reviews by current employees and candidates alike!
Our philosophy is to empower ourselves and each other to do the best work of our careers. Come join us!
DEPARTMENT NAME: Branding
INTERN SUPERVISOR: Graphic Designer
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: Minimum of Three (3) Months or 1 Semester
3.1 Phillip Lim is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and creative graphic design intern to join our creative team at our NYC office. Must be able to intern at least 3 days per week.
Responsibilities will include assistance with:
– Designing print collateral and other offline pieces (invites, announcements, packaging)
– Designing presentations, layouts and mock-ups from briefs
– Developing digital assets (emails, web pages, social media)
– Researching inspiration imagery
– Creating mood boards, sketches and design explorations
– Executing creative concepts
– Working on revisions from design team and departmental feedback
– Create production ready files
– Photo Shoot production and merchandise coordination
– A Portfolio of self-curated and revelant work
– Ability to articulate ideas graphically
– Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite ( Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
– Knowledge of HTML and (insert editing program here)a plus
– Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at once in a fast paced deadline driven environment
– A passion for design, and a constant drive to learn, have a “challenger spirit”
– Ability to take constructive criticism
– Team Player, a collaborative work ethic, comfortable collaborating in a positive manner
– REliable and organized, with excellent time management and communication skills
– Must be working towards a BA/BS/BFA degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Job Description:
Women’s Health magazine is currently looking for an enthusiastic design intern for the Summer 2017 semester. This would be a PAID internship lasting 11 weeks from June 5th to August 18th. A commitment of 30 hours a week is required. Duties include assisting the art department with daily tasks, designing layouts for front-of-book and back-of-book sections, and maintaining and updating the art wall room. Must be proficient in InDesign.
- Position: Internship
- Area of Focus: Design
- City: New York City
- Region: NYC tri-state
- Duration: Part-time
- Benefits: Paid internship
- Company: Women’s Health, Rodale
- Contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name: Trevor Williams
- How to Apply: Please send your cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com, with “Design Intern” in the subject line.
- Job Requirements: Candidates should have an interest in magazine publishing and must be proficient in Adobe InDesign. The ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, strong communication skills, ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently. Hand lettering, illustrations, and Photoshop skills are a plus.
Vince is a leading contemporary fashion brand best known for modern effortless style and everyday luxury essentials. Established in 2002, the brand now offers a wide range of women’s and men’s apparel, women’s and men’s footwear. Vince products are sold in prestigious locations worldwide, including approximately 2,500 points of distribution across 38 countries. With corporate headquarters in New York and its design studio in Los Angeles, the Company has 40 company-operated full-price retail stores, 14 company-operated outlet stores, an e-commerce site, and in international business with a showroom in Paris.
Vince is searching for talent to contribute to the future development of the brand who have passion, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. As a company, we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, opportunities for growth and development, a customer focused culture, a community to “give-back”, and competitive pay and benefits.
The Graphic Design Intern will work very closely with the Vince Marketing team and report to the Graphic Designer.
- Work closely with Art Director, Graphic Designer and e-commerce team to maintain the weekly upkeep of vince.com by assisting in updating web creative deck, keeping calendar in order for emails, homepages, editorials etc
- Ensure communication is passed off inter departments in a timely manner, assist in trafficking projects that need multiple sign offs for deadlines
- Coordinate with e-commerce team to pass off assets, maintain and organize server and database for multiple departments to be able to access and utlitize assets
- Assist the Graphic Designer by taking on special projects, assist in designing collateral, and promotional pieces for retail and wholesale such as: store emails, cash wrap displays and in-store signage, light boxes, E-Vites
- Assist Copywriter by passing along copy assets to the e-commerce team, keep copy database organized and easily accessible for all teams
- Must be working towards a BA/BFA degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s program at an accredited college or university
- Must be 18 years or older
- Effective project management skills are necessary
- Computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email
- Social media skills to include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Self motivated, ability to multi- task, critical thinking, problem solving skills, initiative, drive, common sense, creativity and flexibility are essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge, and knowledge of code etc
This is a paid temporary role. Temporary employees do not receive vacation, sick time, holiday pay or personal time.
Vince is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Enter your best work. Get recognized. Queens College Design students have won numerous times in the past.
Established in 2007, Bluecadet is an Emmy Award-winning digital agency that creates world-class websites, mobile apps, interactive installations, and immersive environments. They collaborate with leading museums, cultural institutions, universities, and nonprofit organizations to educate, engage, and entertain.
Creative Tech Intern in NYC
Visual Design intern PHL or NYC
Full-time Web Developer in PHL
Design Apprentice in PHL