Mattel is currently seeking qualified intern candidates to participate in a paid Internship Program within the Packaging Graphics Department. The graphic design intern will work cross functionally across multiple product lines within the Thomas brand. Along with assisting in the layout of packaging mechanical files and production of packaging samples, the intern will have the opportunity to branch out and work on various marketing requests and projects that may not relate specifically to day to day packaging duties
- Work closely with packaging department designers to design and develop packaging graphics.
- Prepare high quality package mock-ups.
- Design graphics for trade ads, cross sells and related promotional graphics.
- When asked, attend and participate in the weekly packaging/marketing meetings.
- Communicate as required with the HK packaging office.
- Understands how to monitor and follow packaging status schedules to keep projects on time.
- Responsible to keep manager updated on changes in package design/development
SkillsExperience, Education & Skills SKILLS
- Ability to transform business objectives into high quality, creative design concepts.
- Computer Proficiency in Adobe CS5 as well as MS Office/Macintosh Office.
- Working knowledge of type manipulation, photography, mechanical art production.
- Strong aesthetic skills
- Excellent time management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed project management skills.
- Strong communication skills with ability to work with individuals at all levels.
- Working towards a BS Degree in Graphics, Visual Media/Communication, Fine Arts or related degree.