Paid Marketing Intern
The Queens College Marketing Department is looking for an ambitious and resourceful individual who wants to build a career in communications, design or related fields. We offer a flexible schedule, hands-on training and support, and the opportunity to experience the non-profit marketing industry from the inside—all while helping students earn a high-quality, low-cost education. The successful candidate will be enrolled in a major university or college; studying marketing, communications, journalism, English, media and film, computer science, graphic design or a related field; preference will be given to students who will earn course credit for their work during the internship.
Reports to: The Marketing-Digital design intern will report to the senior digital designer.
Responsibilities: The Marketing-Digital design intern will be responsible for assisting the senior digital designer and the Marketing Department in the development and implementation of marketing and public relations campaigns, including but not limited to graphic design for advertising, social media content, email and web pages.
Responsibilities will be determined by the candidate’s skills and cater to their areas of interest, and may include:
Assisting with the development of original content for various social media channels
Producing creative photography and video to highlight individuals, initiatives and the campus
- Creating HTML/CSS newsletters
- Creating vector graphics for digital signage, ads, webpages and social media
- Supporting the Marketing team and the Office of Communications and Marketing in daily administrative tasks Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must pay attention to detail, have excellent organization skills, and the ability to prioritize projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Familiarity with web content managementsystems; WordPress and Sharepoint
Preferred Familiarity with such CRM tools as Constant Contact and Mailchimp
How to apply: To apply, please submit your resume and no more than two creative samples of work. This may include a writing sample, a portfolio of photography or graphic design, social media page for which you have created content, a sizzle reel and/or any creative sample relevant to the internshi
Send documents and/or links in one email with subject line “Marketing Internship” to Lillian Zepeda, Manager of Marketing, at Lillian.email@example.comMarketing-video Intern – Job Description (1) (1) (1)