Summer 2017 CBS Sports Graphic Design Intern
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Television Network
JOB TYPE: Paid Intern
JOB SCHEDULE: Part-Time
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS’s total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Graphics intern will assist the CBS Sports Graphics Department in the design and creation of on-air graphics, learn new techniques and improve on established skills in motion graphic design. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Graphics and Production teams to create different elements for on air needs.
- Participate in department meets to get a broader understanding of how concepts are created and follow the progression from inception through completion.
- Attend a remote or studio show to see the implementation of graphics on air.
- Strong knowledge of college and professional sports
- Internships are located in New York, NY. Selected students must be willing to relocate or commute at their own expense.
- Internships are reserved for rising seniors. Upon acceptance, we will require a letter or transcript from your school confirming you are a matriculated student.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Basic understanding of After Effects and Photoshop
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work and prioritize work assignments
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled