Dailymotion, one of the leading video sharing platforms in the world, is looking for a graphic design intern to start this summer. Dailymotion is a global video-sharing site that aggregates quality video content for users to discover and enjoy. Based in Paris, France, Dailymotion is a French-owned tech company with offices located worldwide, including offices in New York City and Palo Alto.
Graphic Design internship opportunity – May 12 – Aug 16 with a possibility for an extension. We are looking for a design intern to assist the design department at Dailymotion’s NYC office. The design intern will assist the design team on daily tasks as well as have opportunities to be involved with more complex digital design projects.
⁃ Seeking someone with a good work ethic; a problem solver; a builder of knowledge of web trends and good design choices; open-minded; a yes-person
⁃ Know Photoshop and/or Illustrator; After Effects is a bonus but regardless, interns should be prepared to learn basics of After Effects during their time at Dailymotion
⁃ Would be curious to know about other skills and software knowledge – in particular, these three areas: motion graphics; video editing, front-end development
⁃ LOOKING FOR: people interested in digital graphics, digital web trends, and in some cases, digital visual strategy
– Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier Pro)
– HTML/CSS knowledge, a plus
– Great candidates are also looking to further their career in digital design, including building their skills in front-end coding and/or video editing.
– Strong portfolio
Other skills expected to be honed:
⁃ Preciseness in production of digital graphics
⁃ Building knowledge of After Effects (and/or Illustrator, Photoshop)
⁃ Learning about the teamwork involved, regarding how a campaign, production or project comes together, including understanding roles of colleagues like project manager, marketing team, content team, ad-ops.
Intern can expect to learn
Day to day projects include:
– Creating social media graphics
– Editing videos for Instagram and Vine
– Designing ad units and custom web skins
– Designing web pages for internal and marketing materials
– Newsletter templates
– Designing company swag (t-shirts etc..)
– Opportunity to work with motion graphics.
Please submit the requested items listed below to:email@example.com
• Cover Letter
• Please provide either a link to your online portfolio or attach a PDF of your work.