Under the supervision of the Director, the graphic design intern will be responsible for the following:
Support The Director In Making Internal Presentations By
- Analyzing data for translation into charts, graphs, diagrams and infographics.
- Translating corporate, strategic and fundraising concepts into easy-to-understand and visually appealing graphics, including data visualization, infographics, whiteboard animation, illustrations or graphics.
- Re-adapting existing information products (e.g. charts, graphs, infographics, visual information assets) for use in internal documents and presentations catered towards UN Women staff and external stakeholders, such as donors.
IntegrityDemonstrates consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct
.Cultural Sensitivity/Valuing DiversityDemonstrates an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrating an international outlook, appreciating differences in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ethics And ValuesDemonstrates / Safeguards Ethics and Integrity.
Organizational AwarenessDemonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment.Developing and Empowering People / Coaching and Mentoring.Self-development, initiative-taking.
Working In TeamsTeam player and facilitates team work
.Communicating Information And IdeasFacilitates and encourages open communication in the team, communicates effectively.
Self-management And Emotional IntelligenceCreating synergies through self-control. Conflict Management / Negotiates and Resolves Disagreement.
Knowledge Sharing / Continuous LearningLearning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
Required Skills And ExperienceRequired Skills and Experience
- BA or MA in visual communication, graphic design or similar
- Must be enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor or Master’s degree or be a recent graduate (meaning in the last 12 months).
- Fluent in English; Spanish and/or French are a plus.
- Experience in graphic design, information design, white board animation and/or illustration
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Curiosity for testing new ideas
- An eye for detail and latest visual design standards
- Familiar with the United Nations
- Self-starter; organized; able to multitask and balance multiple responsibilities