Design Intern (Summer 2018)
The Queens Museum is looking for a capable and enthusiastic individual to assist the Communications Department. Over the course of this internship, the Museum will be preparing for exhibitions in the Spring, rebranding our educational materials and refining our interpretive materials. The internship will run through summer till September.
The Graphic Design Intern will provide a variety of creative and administrative assistance to the Communications Department.
Essential Job Functions:
• Support the design of print and digital media, and any additional collateral from concept to completion
• Manage multiple projects with varying timelines
• Assist with the creating of interactive and print materials aimed at improving public interaction with exhibition content
• A design major or minor is preferred.
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and basic Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Well-versed using Web platforms, Web CMS, social media outlets, and excellent digital media skills
• Previous experience interning in a graphic/advertising design position is necessary
• Strong communications skills – both verbal and written.
• A strong interest in learning how to create engaging materials to generate interest in Museum initiatives.
• Candidates must be able to work at least 2 days a week. This is an unpaid internship. Candidates must be enrolled in college and provide the museum with documentation of enrollment.
The Communications Intern will report to the Communications Coordinator and regularly interface with the Director of Communications.