We are looking for a qualified graphic design intern to join our team this Summer. Our department works on various types of design projects such as web banners, logos, and advertisements. We also develop and design assets for all of the conventions that Marvel attends. We work with all departments within the Marvel organization, so a chance to be creative is vast. Students applying for this design internship should have knowledge of current versions of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and a willingness to learn. The ability take creative direction is a definite plus! Portfolio samples are also mandatory to demonstrate design ability.
This role will assist in the design and creation of various pieces of Publishing Marketing including ads for print and digital marketing, which includes being responsible for website takeovers, basic gif creating, and social media campaigns, etc. You will also work directly with PR teams on the creation of Convention Presentations. Finally, you will work directly with the Merchandising & Promotions Production Designer and the Sr. Manager of Merchandising & Promotions to design logos, branding, and trade dress for Publishing events.
Strong understanding of basic design fundamentals and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Experience in Adobe After Effects and a passion for drawing and illustrating is a plus.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must be available during the months of May through August.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Prospective intern should be in Junior or Senior year with a Major or Minor in Graphic Design, Fine Art, or Visual Communication. Website or PDF of design portfolio required.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.