Frog Design, Visual Design Intern
Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Visual Design Intern
Visual Design Intern – New York Studio
Start Date: 6/11/18
End Date: 8/17/18
We are looking for exceptional interns to join our creative teams. Interns are treated like full time employees in the studio and work on active programs with project teams. The summer internships are paid and run for 10 weeks.
For an application to be considered, please submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (at least 3 pieces of work)
Deadline: Completed applications must be received by 11:59 PM PST, March 11, 2018.
frog Visual Designers create compelling, original designs for interactive platforms ranging from websites to software applications to consumer electronics to packaging. They are skilled craftspeople, utilizing a breadth of design tools in multiple media. Visual Designers work with interaction designers, technologists and strategists to translate user needs, business requirements, and technical capabilities into designs that are visually exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
- Participate in product ideation and conceptual development.
- Create visual designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons.
- Design motion graphics and animation effects.
- Produce design specifications, storyboards, scenarios, and design prototypes.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and software developers.
Someone who wants to influence their own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- Currently enrolled in, or graduate of a relevant design program (either graduate or undergraduate).
- Strong and flexible skills in visual design and interaction design.
- Experience with design research is a plus.
- Experience with hand illustration (any medium), video production, visual note-taking, branding is a plus.
- Passion for user-centered interface design particularly as applied to web-based applications and consumer electronics.
- Comfortable with design software for wireframing and prototyping (Sketch, InVision, Axure, etc).
- Proficiency with design such as PhotoShop and Illustrator.
- Experience designing video and motion graphics with tools such as Flash or Adobe After Effects.
- A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be able to work both on a team and independently.