The Ziff Media Group Fellows Program is searching for energetic and motivated individuals looking to develop their career in digital media. If you’re looking for an opportunity to geek out on tech, internet culture and e-commerce, in a fast-paced, data-driven, results-oriented environment, ZMG is the place for you.
This is not an internship; this is a chance to work with the best in digital media, learn the systems we use, and get a better understanding of our brands, content, and business model. Fellows will benefit from hands-on experience working with team leaders on valuable projects that move our company forward. With available positions across multiple departments, from monetization and marketing to analytics and editorial, Fellows will apply fresh and forward-thinking insights to real-life needs.
Fellowships are geared towards individuals in the early stages of their career path who have a foundational knowledge of the industry and experience relevant to the specific role for which they are applying. Fellowships have an initial term of three months which can be extended for up to a total of 12 months. All fellowship roles are paid and eligible for our healthcare benefits.
As the Fellows Program is aimed at cultivating the next generation of digital media leaders, the culmination of the Fellows program may lead to future employment at ZMG. In the past, select high-performing Fellows have become full time employees at the end or shortly after their fellowship was completed.
Mashable and Ziff Media Group are seeking a talented and self-starting Design and Illustration Fellow to help make our brands’ visuals more diverse, creative, and distinctive.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in graphic design, logo design, photo editing, and illustration. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable juggling multiple projects and has a passion for creating visually striking work on multiple platforms in the digital space, ranging from onsite editorial to distributed promotional materials and shareable social media.
As a fellow, the imagery you create will be used across multiple online publications in the ZMG portfolio, with an emphasis on Mashable and PCMag. Our major coverage areas include technology, entertainment, internet culture, and social good.
The Design and Illustration Fellow is part of the ZMG Art Team and reports to Staff Illustrators and the Art Director.
- Your main responsibilities will revolve around daily editorial graphic creation: creating photo collages/composites, downloading and editing stock imagery, designing logos for editorial series and enterprise projects, and designing charts and infographics to be used in stories.
- A large portion of your time will involve working with writers and editors to create bold, eye-catching lead art that both reflects and enhances the tenor of our articles both onsite and across ZMG’s social platforms. You may have to find a way to illustrate abstract concepts or sensitive topics.
- Organizational skills are a must: You will be expected to manage your time effectively. This is a deadline-driven environment, and that goes for all images and art assets..
- A portfolio that showcases various skills and a distinct visual or illustrative style
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- Comfort with tight deadlines and staggered assignments
- Creativity and willingness to work with teammates to solve visual problems
- A desire to learn and grow –– just as we hope to learn from you as well!
- A positive, can-do attitude
Ziff Media Group is a portfolio of brands within Ziff Davis, LLC, a J2 Global company, that includes PCMag, Mashable, AskMen, Offers.com, and BlackFriday.com.
Mashable is a global media and entertainment company that’s passionate about entertainment, culture, and tech. With smart, spirited coverage of stories that keep people talking, Mashable reaches an audience of 70 million monthly users. Together, our ideas shape the future. Obsess with us.
Ziff Media Group is committed to diversity and encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
Apply Here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/j2-global/job/ocq2cfwA