Company: Jack Morton
The Design Intern is responsible for supporting the creative team through innovative design to ensure the delivery of extraordinary creative solutions. While interning with the creative team, you’ll be able to flex your design muscles, while also getting an opportunity to sit in on brainstorming sessions and client meetings. Due to the pandemic, many of our live experiences have turned virtual, so this Summer you’ll learn how we continue to roll with the punches to deliver top tier virtual and hybrid events.
What you’ll do
- Support Creative staff with design needs, like decks, presentations and comps
- Help New Business team as needed on mood boards, and other pitch materials
- Keep abreast of cultural events and trends that affect our audiences
- Stay current on all industry trends and pop culture
- Commit to 10 weeks (June – August) of inspiring work, learning, and fun, day in, day out
What you’ll bring to Jack
- College degree or degree in progress. Great Fits: Degrees in Art History, Graphic Design, Art Direction, Fine Arts, and Film; preferably studied at a Design School
- Creative and artistic presentation skills; the ability to think visually and collaborate with other creative team members
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, PowerPoint and/or other design programs
- Knowledge of brand positioning and industry trends
- Excellent attention to detail in any project you complete
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Flexibility to engage with the team and on the work, while participating virtually. At the moment, we have no planned ‘live/in person’ part of the Intern Program.
Who you are
- A rising college junior, senior, recent grad or grad student
- Previous agency experience is a plus
- Extraordinary! Both as a person and a multi-tasker
- Detail-oriented: you leave nothing to chance
- Creative problem solver: you’re able to change course at the drop of a hat
- Cool under pressure, prepared for every possible situation that might pop up
- Passionate, Agile, Respectful, and Brave!
What you gain
- We provide an intern experience as extraordinary as the work we deliver for our clients. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves (check out our blog and Instagram for more on that). You can expect to learn and grow from the best in the business and gain valuable agency experience while meeting and working with incredible people during a summer you’ll never forget. We’ll do our best to provide a great experience, without setting foot into an office.
All Creative intern applicants (Design, Illustration, Copywriting) must provide a link to your portfolio on your resume. Design and Illustration intern applicants should also ideally have a background in graphic design with advanced skills in Adobe CS; specifically Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
Overachiever? We love it. Feel free to add a note (300 words max) addressing the following when you apply:
- Why are you interested in Jack and this particular role?
- Tell us: “Why choose me?”
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.