Disney TV Animation Current Series Internship (Remote) – Summer 2021
Job ID 781867BRLocation Burbank, California, United States
Business Disney Television Animation, General Entertainment Content
Date posted Apr. 05, 2021
Join us for an opportunity to be a part of Disney Television Animation (DTVA). DTVA is an industry leader in the creation of animated television products for preschoolers, kids, and tweens. The studio brings programming and production expertise together under the same leadership as Disney Channels Worldwide.
Disney Television Animation’s Current Series division provides creative oversight and management over all Disney Channel animated series and short form programming.
A day in the life…
The Current Series team seeks a self-motivated candidate who is curious, passionate about animation, embraces innovation, and has a strong desire to learn and grow. Here’s some of what you can expect:
- Extensive reading and script coverage
- Learning the basics of the production pipeline for 11 minute and 22 minute series
- Shadowing executives at all relevant meetings, notes sessions, board pitches, and screenings
- In depth training tips for note generation on scripts, storyboards, and animatics.
- Assist in building decks and acquiring assets for presentations, online conventions, and share outs
- Suggest and present new strategies, initiatives, and ideas
- Develop knowledge of diverse creative talent through research and review of social media, tv and film, and publishing content
- Attend virtual meet and greets with other overhead employees to learn about their role and responsibilities
What you bring to the role…
- Knowledge of the DTVA, Disney Channels, and Disney Plus brands
- Strong writing skills
- Analytical reading comprehension and critical thinking
- A great attitude and warm personality
- Passion, a collaborative spirit, and a willingness to try new things
- Undergraduate student in their Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year or a recent graduate within 18 months of graduation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Organized, self sufficient, and quick to adapt
- Ability to work remotely with access to reliable internet from anywhere in the United States
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last 18 months – OR – be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must be available from May/June – August/September
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you’re an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company’s most beloved animated shows. If you’ve got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.