Company: The Nation (http://www.wearethenation.com)
Duration: September – December 2014
Compensation: Internship position is not compensated; intern may be eligible for college credit. The Nation will offer a stipend to cover travel / meal expenses.
Hours: TBD based on program (2-3 days per week). Schedule negotiable.
About this position
We are currently looking for a Graphic Design Intern to join our team for project-based work during the fall. The candidate will work primarily with our internal Creative, Design and Branding team in our Chelsea-based NYC office.
The ideal candidate should have a clean aesthetic that works well with corporate branding. He / she should be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite for print and web. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: vector illustration, typography and editorial design, layout, image editing, presentations, and print mechanicals.
Specifications / Qualifications
– Candidate needs to be a creative thinker with a passion for aesthetics and graphic design
– Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
– Strong vector illustration skills
– Ability to take creative direction
– Must have excellent time management skills
– Ability to work on-site, on a flexible schedule
– Ability to work as part of a team or independently
– Must be organized and detail-oriented
– Familiarity with web design preferred but not required
– Sense of humor a must
– College credit
– Build your portfolio of work
– A great opportunity to learn from industry-recognized, award-winning creatives
– A chance to experience and play an active role in a collaborative environment
– Flexible scheduling
Intern can expect to learn
– The skills needed to participate in a professional, creative work environment
– The roles within a creative agency, and a better understanding of how the branding / design industry works
– Acquire further, relevant experience in the use of design programs
– Learn how to better communicate with co-workers and potential clients
Send email to email@example.com with subject line “Graphic Design Internship: Fall”. Include:
– Link to up-to-date portfolio of work