The Random House Publishing Group is seeking a Junior Designer to join their talented team of design professionals! This position requires imagination, passion, and strong design skills. In this role, you will assist Art Directors and collaborate with Editors and Publishers in the department on a wide range of adult fiction and nonfiction titles and will also have the opportunity to create book jackets and covers of their own. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn how to create book covers and about the overall publishing process.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Designing mechanicals, assisting with research, and helping to create cover and jacket designs.
- Preparing files for production.
- Reviewing and correcting proofs with the assistance of senior staff.
- Utilizing design skills in the modification of layouts and series titles.
- Making reprint corrections.
- Preparing presentation materials, maintaining high production standards, and keeping to schedules and budgets.
- Work with freelance designers, illustrators, and photographers.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Genuine interest in book cover design
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Strong organizational skills with firm attention to detail
- Ability to think and work creatively
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task successfully
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
- An awareness of current design trends
To apply, please submit your portfolio, resume, and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: NEW YORK
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 130388